NARS Hot Sand/Rita Man Ray Love Triangle ($24.00 for 0.17 oz.) contains a peachy highlighter and a vibrant, warm red lipstick. The highlighter actually seemed better than I remember the full-sized version being, while the lipstick was consistent with the full-sized version.
A full-sized blush retails for $30.00 and contains 0.16 oz. or costs $187.50/oz. A full-sized Audacious lipstick retails for $34.00 and contains 0.14 oz. or costs $242.86/oz. The set contains $15.00 worth of blush and $19.43 worth of lipstick for a total value of $34.43.
Hot Sand is a light-medium, yellowed peach with warm undertones and a luminous finish. It had excellent pigmentation with a smooth, blendable texture that was almost creamy-like as it was soft without being powdery. The powder applied evenly to the skin, blended out nicely, and did not emphasize my skin’s natural texture. It lasted well for eight hours on me.
- Sephora Jubilant (21) (P, $14.00) is darker (90% similar).
- Physicians Formula Natural Glow (P, $12.99) is more muted, cooler (90% similar).
- Colour Pop Highly Waisted (P, $8.00) is less shimmery, darker (90% similar).
- Tom Ford Beauty Warm (Winter 2016) Highlighter (LE, $60.00) is less shimmery (90% similar).
- NARS Tribulation (LE, $30.00) is more shimmery, warmer (90% similar).
- Illamasqua Rush (P, ) is more shimmery (90% similar).
- NYX Narcissistic (P, $9.00) is less shimmery (90% similar).
- Surratt Beauty Coup de Genie (P, $32.00) is less shimmery (90% similar).
- Charlotte Tilbury Filmstar Glow (Original) (PiP, ) is less shimmery (90% similar).
- Cover FX Sunlight (P, $34.00) is less shimmery (90% similar).
$30.00/0.16 oz. - $187.50 Per Ounce
From NARS’ website, their blush formula is described as “beautifully pigmented” and “soft [and] blendable.” NARS' blushes, since they've been released in such a massive range of shades over the years, can vary from shade to shade to some degree. Most shades are pigmented with firmer, slightly stiffer consistencies that can also run on the thinner side, which allows greater control when picking up product but some of the more matte shades could be a bit more blendable or easier to work with.
Some of the more newly-released shades have softer, more yielding textures that are a bit creamier and are easier to blend out, though most of NARS' blushes are fairly blendable. The wear typically ranges from eight to nine hours with a few shades falling above or below this range.
Browse all of our NARS Powder Blush swatches.
Rita is a rich, medium-dark red with neutral-to-warm undertones and a satin finish. It had opaque color coverage in a single layer. The lipstick was lightly creamy without too much slip, so it stayed in place well and did not gather in my lip lines over time. This shade wore well for over six hours and was lightly moisturizing.
- Smashbox Get Fired (P, $21.00) is darker, glossier (95% similar).
- Maybelline Dynamite Red (DC, $7.49) is darker, more muted, less glossy (95% similar).
- NARS Margot (LE, $34.00) is more muted, cooler (95% similar).
- MAC Ruffian Red (LE, $19.50) is darker, more muted, cooler (90% similar).
- Urban Decay F-Bomb (P, $18.00) is cooler, glossier (95% similar).
- Chanel Imperial (73) (P, $37.00) is more shimmery, lighter, cooler (90% similar).
- MAC Night to Remember (LE, $19.50) is lighter, brighter (90% similar).
- Hourglass Visionary (P, $32.00) is more muted, cooler (90% similar).
- Bite Beauty Holly (DC, $24.00) is lighter, brighter (90% similar).
- NARS Marlene (P, $34.00) is lighter, warmer, less glossy (90% similar).
$34.00/0.14 oz. - $242.86 Per Ounce
The formula is supposed to have "one-stroke, full-coverage" pigmentation with a "soft matte finish" that is "long-lasting" and "hydrating." The formula is best characterized by its texture: creamy, smooth, and slightly denser/thicker on (but not heavy) compared to the typical lipstick formula. Most of the shades are opaque, while "weak" shades are more semi-opaque. The majority of the colors I've tested have applied evenly and smoothly with good glide and feel comfortable on my lips. They tend to last between four and six hours and was lightly hydrating to non-drying. There was no noticeable scent or taste.
Browse all of our NARS Audacious Lipstick swatches.