NARS Savage (2020) Powder BlushNARS Savage (2020) Powder Blush ($30.00 for 0.16 oz.) is a medium, reddish-brown with warmer undertones and a luminous sheen. The texture was smooth to the touch with light slip–it was creamier than most of the brand’s blushes but still thin and a bit “drier” (not in a bad way), which made it easier to pick up less product if desired as it wasn’t powdery so it was more controllable.
The pigmentation was opaque in a single layer, though, so you’ll want to use a light-to-medium hand for buildable coverage. The powder blush applied evenly to bare skin and diffused with minimal effort without emphasizing my skin’s natural texture. It lasted nicely for eight and a half hours before fading visibly.
FURTHER READING: Formula Overview for details on general performance and characteristics (like scent).
- Jouer Terracotta Sands (PiP, ) is less shimmery, warmer (95% similar).
- Charlotte Tilbury Lovegasm Multi-Glow (LE, ) is more shimmery, warmer (90% similar).
- MAC Peachtwist (P, $24.00) is less shimmery, lighter, cooler (90% similar).
- Stellar Beauty Eclipse (P, $25.00) is more shimmery (95% similar).
- MAC Sunbasque (P, $24.00) is more shimmery, lighter (90% similar).
- LORAC Golden Hour (LE, ) is more shimmery, warmer (90% similar).
- Edward Bess Ciao (P, $45.00) is more shimmery, lighter (90% similar).
- Milani Sunset Passione (P, $7.99) is less shimmery, lighter, warmer (90% similar).
- Cover FX Warm Honey (Right) (PiP, ) is lighter (90% similar).
- MAC Perfectly Lit (LE, $34.00) is more shimmery, lighter, warmer (90% similar).
$30.00/0.16 oz. - $187.50 Per Ounce
From NARS’ website, their blush formula is described as “beautifully pigmented” and “soft [and] blendable.” NARS' blushes, since they've been released in such a massive range of shades over the years, can vary from shade to shade to some degree. Most shades are pigmented with firmer, slightly stiffer consistencies that can also run on the thinner side, which allows greater control when picking up product but some of the more matte shades could be a bit more blendable or easier to work with.
Some of the more newly-released shades have softer, more yielding textures that are a bit creamier and are easier to blend out, though most of NARS' blushes are fairly blendable. The wear typically ranges from eight to nine hours with a few shades falling above or below this range.
Browse all of our NARS Powder Blush swatches.
TALC • OCTYLDODECYL STEARATE • OCTYLDODECYL STEAROYL STEARATE • ZINC STEARATE • TIN OXIDE • CAPRYLYL GLYCOL • PHENOXYETHANOL • [+/- (MAY CONTAIN/PEUT CONTENIR): IRON OXIDES (CI 77491) • IRON OXIDES (CI 77492) • IRON OXIDES (CI 77499) • MANGANESE VIOLET (CI 77742) • MICA • RED 28 LAKE (CI 45410) • RED 30 LAKE (CI 73360) • RED 33 LAKE (CI 17200) • RED 34 LAKE (CI 15880) • RED 7 LAKE (CI 15850) • TITANIUM DIOXIDE (CI 77891) • YELLOW 5 LAKE (CI 19140)] •
Disclaimer: Ingredient lists are as available by the brand (or retailer) at the time of publishing. Please always check product packaging, if it exists, for the ingredient list applicable to the product you're purchasing, or the brand or retailer's website for the most up-to-date ingredient list.