NARS Coeur Battant Powder Blush ($30.00 for 0.16 oz.) is a bright, medium-dark magenta pink with strong, cool blue undertones and a matte finish. It had nearly opaque color coverage that was buildable to full coverage with less than half of a layer. If you’re someone who is very light or tends to prefer sheerer coverage, it will feel very pigmented so I’d recommend using a very light hand and/or a fan brush for application in those circumstances.
The texture was thin, smooth to the touch, but it was a slightly stiffer powder, which made it easier to control how much product was picked up with a brush, though it took a little extra effort to diffuse and soften along the edges. I found it easiest to start with less product and then building up just where I needed it rather than starting heavily and trying to pull and diffuse it. It wore well for nine hours before fading a bit.
- Viseart Rose #3 (PiP, ) is warmer (95% similar).
- Colour Pop Pegacorn (DC, $8.00) is more shimmery, lighter, less pigmented (90% similar).
- LORAC Vivid (P, $23.00) is more shimmery, lighter (90% similar).
- MAC Bright Pink (P, $16.00) is lighter, warmer (90% similar).
- YSL Fuchsia Desinvolte (01) (P, $40.00) is more muted (90% similar).
- MAC Full Fuchsia (P, $24.00) is more shimmery, lighter (90% similar).
- Milani Love Potion (07) (P, $8.99) is lighter, less pigmented (90% similar).
- Make Up For Ever B218 (P, $23.00) is lighter (90% similar).
- Make Up For Ever S852 Neon Pink (DC, $21.00) is lighter, cooler (90% similar).
- MAC Azalea (P, $24.00) is more shimmery, cooler (90% similar).
$30.00/0.16 oz. - $187.50 Per Ounce
From NARS’ website, their blush formula is described as “beautifully pigmented” and “soft [and] blendable.” NARS' blushes, since they've been released in such a massive range of shades over the years, can vary from shade to shade to some degree. Most shades are pigmented with firmer, slightly stiffer consistencies that can also run on the thinner side, which allows greater control when picking up product but some of the more matte shades could be a bit more blendable or easier to work with.
Some of the more newly-released shades have softer, more yielding textures that are a bit creamier and are easier to blend out, though most of NARS' blushes are fairly blendable. The wear typically ranges from eight to nine hours with a few shades falling above or below this range.
Browse all of our NARS Powder Blush swatches.
TALC • OCTYLDODECYL STEARATE • OCTYLDODECYL STEAROYL STEARATE • ZINC STEARATE • TIN OXIDE • CAPRYLYL GLYCOL • PHENOXYETHANOL • [+/- (MAY CONTAIN/PEUT CONTENIR): IRON OXIDES (CI 77491) • IRON OXIDES (CI 77492) • IRON OXIDES (CI 77499) • MANGANESE VIOLET (CI 77742) • MICA • RED 28 LAKE (CI 45410) • RED 30 LAKE (CI 73360) • RED 33 LAKE (CI 17200) • RED 34 LAKE (CI 15880) • RED 7 LAKE (CI 15850) • TITANIUM DIOXIDE (CI 77891) • YELLOW 5 LAKE (CI 19140)] •