Milani Lolla-Blue-Za Ludicrous Lights Duo Chrome Highlighter ($10.99 for 0.24 oz.) has a translucent base with iridescent shimmer and sparkle that twinkled between lighter and more mid-tone blue that ran slightly warmer-toned in its base and cooler-toned when reflecting light. It had sheer to semi-sheer, buildable coverage (to semi-opaque), which was in line with how it was marketed.
The texture was soft, blendable, and had good adhesion to bare skin while still spreading out without too much effort, but there were definitely sparkles that had migrated during application and during wear, so for someone who would side-eye random glitter above their lip, this might not be the right formula. The majority of the (faint) color and glittering finish lasted for a good eight hours on me.
If the idea of blue highlighter doesn’t immediately resonate with you, consider this: The translucent base makes this product work particularly well for layering and transforming shades on it, often by giving things a cooler sheen, so it naturally pairs well with lavender, pink, and plum blushes to give them an unexpected twist.
FURTHER READING: Formula Overview for details on general performance and characteristics (like scent).
- Fenty Beauty Mint'd Mojito (PiP, $36.00) is less shimmery, lighter (90% similar).
- Wet 'n' Wild Water (LE, $6.99) is less shimmery, lighter, warmer (90% similar).
- Milk Makeup Icy Blue (LE, $30.00) is less shimmery, lighter, cooler (90% similar).
- Wet 'n' Wild Halo Walkers (LE, $4.99) is less shimmery, lighter, warmer (90% similar).
- Becca Icicle (LE, $38.00) is less shimmery, lighter, cooler (85% similar).
- Anastasia Orion (PiP, ) is lighter (85% similar).
- LORAC Limelight (LE, $23.00) is less shimmery, warmer (85% similar).
- OFRA Space Baby (LE, $29.00) is less shimmery, lighter, cooler (85% similar).
- Cover FX Halo (P, $42.00) is less shimmery, lighter, cooler (85% similar).
- Pat McGrath Astral Blue Star (LE, $30.00) is lighter, warmer (85% similar).
$10.99/0.24 oz. - $45.79 Per Ounce
The formula is supposed to have buildable coverage that "blends and builds seamlessly" with a "silky, ultra-smooth" consistency. The texture was soft without being powdery, smooth (but noticeably sparkly), and blendable on my skin. There was a mix of finer shimmer and smaller flecks of sparkle throughout that gave it a very iridescent, smooth sheen to skin.
The coverage ranged from semi-sheer to mostly opaque, buildable in most instances, and was fairly blendable. There were some stray sparkles that dusted away during application and some that moved during wear, though most of the color wore well for eight hours.
Browse all of our Milani Ludicrous Lights Duo Chrome Highlighter swatches.
Mica, Synthetic Fluorphlogopite, Octyldodecyl Stearoyl Stearate, Pentaerythrityl Tetraisostearate, Dimethicone, Silica, Phenoxyethanol, Ethylhexylglycerin, Tocopherol, Tin Oxide, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77499).