Melt Cosmetics Shadowplay Blushlight ($22.00 for 0.13 oz.) is a pale, just barely warm-toned white base with a minty green sheen that shifted subtly between gold-green and true mint green. It had opaque pigmentation in a single layer, which was the “downside” as the formula is supposed to be buildable–the texture was soft and forgiving enough that it could be applied with a lighter hand and less-dense brush (true of many pigmented formulas, though) that more gradual application was, at least, possible. The powder was smooth, silky without being too powdery, and applied evenly and blended out without difficulty. It wore well for eight hours on me before fading noticeably.
- Marc Jacobs Beauty Worth the Wait (LE, $49.00) is more shimmery (95% similar).
- Colour Pop Good as Gateau (LE, $8.00) is warmer (95% similar).
- LORAC Star Reader (LE, $23.00) is more shimmery, darker (90% similar).
- Anastasia Helia (PiP, ) is more shimmery (90% similar).
- Becca Citrine (LE, $38.00) is more shimmery, darker (90% similar).
- Wet 'n' Wild Winter Bloom (LE, $4.99) is more shimmery (90% similar).
- Looxi Beauty Voodoo (P, $7.50) is more shimmery (90% similar).
- Becca Golden Mint (LE, $38.00) is more shimmery, warmer (90% similar).
- Makeup Revolution Holographic Lights (P, $6.00) is more shimmery (90% similar).
- Sleek MakeUP Subsolar (PiP, ) is more shimmery (90% similar).
$22.00/0.13 oz. - $169.23 Per Ounce
The formula is supposed to be buildable and can be worn alone or layered with other blushes. I'd consider it a more pigmented blush formula; a few shades are soft and yielding enough to be used with a lighter hand or less-dense brush for sheerer, more buildable application, but most shades were semi-opaque to opaque in one layer. The texture ranged from smooth, lightly creamy to soft and slightly powdery (though finely-milled and silky to the touch!). They blended out fairly well, though a few shades could have been more blendable, and most shades lasted between seven and eight hours on me.
Browse all of our Melt Cosmetics Blushlight swatches.
Mica, Talc, Triethylhexanoin, Zinc Stearate, Silica, Magnesium Carbonate, Lauroyl Lysine, Nylon 12, Phenoxyethanol. May Contain (+/-): Titanium Dioxide (Ci 77891).