Sugar High (292)
Marc Jacobs Beauty Sugar High (292) Le Marc Lip Crème ($30.00 for 0.12 oz.) is a medium, muted coral with warm, rosy undertones and a satin finish. It had opaque pigmentation that applied evenly and smoothly across my lips without tugging. The texture was lightly creamy without being too slippery, though there was a touch of product visible in my deeper lip lines in the close-up photo but not enough that it was visible in person. It wore well for five hours (not close to the 10-hour wear claim) and was lightly hydrating.
- Dose of Colors Nude Chica (LE, $18.00) is warmer (95% similar).
- Bite Beauty Los Angeles (LE, $26.00) is darker, warmer, glossier (90% similar).
- Tom Ford Beauty La Nudite (P, $55.00) is more shimmery, warmer (90% similar).
- Tom Ford Beauty London Suede (P, $55.00) is cooler (90% similar).
- Smashbox Famous (PiP, $21.00) is more shimmery, darker, cooler (90% similar).
- Colour Pop Can U Even (P, $8.00) is lighter, less glossy (90% similar).
- Bite Beauty Leche (P, $24.00) is more shimmery, lighter (85% similar).
- Tom Ford Beauty Joe (LE, $36.00) is lighter (85% similar).
- MAC Bronx (P, $20.00) is lighter (90% similar).
- Charlotte Tilbury JK Magic (P, $37.00) is lighter, warmer (85% similar).
$30.00/0.12 oz. - $250.00 Per Ounce
The formula claims to have "10-hour" wear with “vivid pigment” and a “rich, velvety” texture that is “ultra-hydrating.” As you might expect, they don’t last ten hours; they last four to six hours with some leaving a stain. The texture is lightweight, creamy, and glides on without dragging or tugging on the lip, but it doesn’t have a lot of slip so it stays in place. The formula can be lightly hydrating to drying, depending on the shade. The lipstick has a sweet, floral scent, but it is very subtle, even when smelled directly from the tube.
Browse all of our Marc Jacobs Beauty Le Marc Lip Crème swatches.
Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Octyldodecanol, Aluminum Starch Octenylsuccinate, Polyethylene, Phytosteryl/Isostearyl/Cetyl/Stearyl/Behenyl Dimer Dilinoleate, Bis-Diglyceryl Polyacylapidate-2, Mica, Hydrated Silica, Kaolin, Cera Microcristallina Wax/Microcrystalline Wax/Cire Microcrystalline, Squalane, Phenyl Trimethicone, Hydrogenated Olive Oil, Silica, Candelilla Cera/Euphorbia Cerifera (Candelilla) Wax/Cire De Candelilla, VP/Eicosene Copolymer, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Olea Europaea (Olive) Fruit Oil, Tribehenin, Olea Europaea (Olive) Oil Unsaponifiables, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea) Butter, Orbigynya Oleifera Seed Oil, Pentaerythrityl Tetra-Di-T-Butyl Hydroxyhydrocinnamate, Pentaerythrityl Tetraisostearate, Persea Gratissima (Avocado) Oil, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Theobroma Cacao (Coca) Seed Butter, Tocopheryl Acetate, Triisostearin, Shorea Stenoptera Seed Butter, Sorbitan Oleate, Barium Sulfate (CI 77120), Sorbitan Isostearate, Tetrahexyldecyl Ascorbate, Tocopherol, Fragrance, Hippophae Rhamnoides Seed Oil, Palmitoyl Tripeptide-1, Calcium Sodium Borosilicate, Synthetic Fluorphlogopite, Calcium Aluminum Borosilicate, Polyethylene Terephthalate, Acrylates Copolymer, Tin Oxide, Bensyl Benzoate, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77499), Red 7 Lake (CI 15850), Yellow 5 Lake (CI 19140), Blue 1 Lake (CI 42090).
Sugar High (382)
Marc Jacobs Beauty Sugar High (382) Enamored Hi-Shine Lip Lacquer ($28.00 for 0.16 oz.) is a medium-dark pink with warm undertones and fine gold and pink pearl. It had semi-opaque pigmentation that applied evenly but pulled into my lip lines noticeably. The gloss had a very shiny, almost gel-like finish–thicker and plumping without being heavy, and it was just barely tacky. I just wish the product sat better on my lips! It wore well for four and a half hours and was hydrating while worn.
- MAC Pink Lemonade (P, $18.50) is more shimmery, warmer (90% similar).
- Colour Pop Hack (LE, $6.00) is lighter, cooler (85% similar).
- Cle de Peau Sequin (14) (P, $48.00) is less shimmery, darker, cooler (85% similar).
- Too Faced Dreamsicle (P, $20.00) is more shimmery, warmer (85% similar).
- Pat McGrath Sunset Rose (P, $30.00) is more shimmery, warmer (85% similar).
- Colour Pop Feedback (P, $6.00) is less shimmery (85% similar).
- Anastasia Pink Daiquiri (LE, $16.00) is more shimmery, lighter, less pigmented (85% similar).
- Christian Louboutin Beaute Altareva (P, $85.00) is darker, warmer (85% similar).
- Pat McGrath Belladonna (P, $30.00) is less shimmery, cooler (80% similar).
- MAC Dreamy (P, $18.50) is more shimmery, lighter, cooler (80% similar).
$28.00/0.16 oz. - $175.00 Per Ounce
It is supposed to have "maximum color and brilliance" and "shine like 30 coats of lacquer." The formula has a mint scent but not much flavor from what I could detect. The biggest downside is that several shades that I have are not in line with “maximum color.” They range from semi-sheer to semi-opaque, and they do have a very high-shine finish that makes my lips look more voluminous.
The consistency was smooth, like a creamy gel as it was a bit thicker (without being heavy or tacky), and very easy to spread across my lips. It was comfortable to wear and moisturizing over time. Some shades smoothed out my lip lines, though it wasn't consistent throughout the range.
Browse all of our Marc Jacobs Beauty Enamored Hi-Shine Lip Lacquer swatches.
Polybutene, Hydrogenated Poly(C6-14) Olefin), Bis-Diglyceryl Polyacyladipate-2, Glyceryl Tribehenate/Isostearate/Eicosandioate, Hydrogenated Styrene/Isoprene Copolymer, Synthetic Fluorphlogopite, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Dicalcium Phosphate, Stearalkonium Bentonite, Mentha Piperita (Peppermint) Oil, Propylene Carbonate, Pentaerythrityl Tetra-Di-T-Butyl Hydroxyhydrocinnamate, Limonene. May Contain (+/-): Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77499, CI 77492), Blue 1 Lake (9CI 42090), Red 7 Lake (CI 15850), Yellow 5 Lake (CI 19140), Red 6 (CI 15850), Red 28 Lake (CI 45410), Manganese Violet (CI 77742).