Marc Jacobs Beauty Moonlit Glow Away Dewy Coconut Face Luminizer ($32.00 for 0.16 oz.) is a pale pink with cool undertones and a barely-there, satin sheen. It definitely lived up to its “glitter-free” promise; it was more like very, very finely-milled shimmer that translated into a very low-level highlighter. I didn’t get “dewy” or a glass-like effect on my skin–like my moisturizer yielded a dewier finish on its own.
The formula is supposed to yield a “lustrous, glass-skin,” or a “dewy, lit-from-within look.” It reminded me of a more watery, less intense take on the brand’s larger, Dew Drops, which is an infinitely better value and achieves a similar purpose (I think it’s more versatile, too). It had a very thin, watery consistency that dried down a fair amount, so it didn’t retain a lot of dewiness. The shimmer was quite fine, so it did not layer well under a foundation (as it disappeared entirely) and had to be applied over (or on bare skin) yet moved my foundation around and created patchiness. It really seemed like something best suited to bare skin or a thin, lighter-coverage water-based foundation.
It’s unclear what the pigmentation-level was intended to be, though based on “glass-skin,” it seems like it would suggest something sheerer (I can’t even find brand swatches!). It lasted for six and a half hours on me before fading visibly.
- Urban Decay Aura (P, $28.00) is more shimmery, cooler (90% similar).
- NYX State of Flux (P, $6.99) is more shimmery, cooler (90% similar).
- Giorgio Armani No. 07 (P, $62.00) is more shimmery, warmer (90% similar).
- Chanel Rosy Light Drops (P, $50.00) is cooler (90% similar).
- Becca Prismatic Amethyst (LE, $38.00) is more shimmery, cooler (90% similar).
- Stila Transcendence (PiP, $32.00) is more shimmery, cooler (85% similar).
- Huda Beauty Frosted Kiss (LE, ) is more shimmery, cooler (85% similar).
- Laura Geller Charming Pink (P, $26.00) is more shimmery, warmer (85% similar).
- Cover FX Celestial (P, $42.00) is more shimmery, darker, warmer (80% similar).
- Milk Makeup Pink (LE, $30.00) is more shimmery, darker, warmer (80% similar).
Aqua/Water/Eau, Dimethicone, Caprylyl Methicone, Isododecane, Mica, Alcohol Denat., Peg-10 Dimethicone, Butylene Glycol, Synthetic Fluorphlogopite, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Pentylene Glycol, Sodium Chloride, Phenoxyethanol, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Ethylhexylglycerin, Propylene Carbonate, Cocos Nucifera Fruit Extract, Tin Oxide, Potassium Sorbate, Tocopherol, Titanium Dioxide (Ci 77891), Iron Oxides (Ci 77491), Linalool.