26 Old Silver
Make Up For Ever 26 Old Silver Star Lit PowderMake Up For Ever 26 Old Silver Star Lit Powder ($21.00 for 0.02 oz.) is muted, medium silvery lavender with cool undertones and a metallic sheen. Applied dry, it had sheer coverage, which was buildable to medium coverage. Applied damp, it had opaque pigmentation that was still blendable and easy to work with. On the cheeks, it definitely worked as a highlighter but added some cooler coloring, too, and on my complexion, would be better suited when paired with a blush to help give it more depth and dimension but could be quite lovely on cooler skin tones on its own. It had a more metallic sheen that seemed quite smooth to my eye and did not accentuate the texture of my skin. On me, the powder wore well for eight hours.
FURTHER READING: Formula Overview for details on general performance and characteristics (like scent).
- Urban Decay Hoodoo (LE, $19.00) is darker (95% similar).
- Giorgio Armani Scarab Violetta (33) (DC, $33.00) is darker, cooler (95% similar).
- Sephora Rockstar (LE, ) is less shimmery, lighter, warmer (90% similar).
- NARS Jardin Perdu (Right) (DC, $25.00) is darker (90% similar).
- Fenty Beauty 7daywknd/Poolside (P, $36.00) is less shimmery, darker, cooler (85% similar).
- Wet 'n' Wild Royal Calyx (P, $4.99) is lighter (85% similar).
- Anastasia Spectra (PiP, ) is brighter (85% similar).
- Fenty Beauty Poolside (PiP, $36.00) is less shimmery, cooler (80% similar).
- Melt Cosmetics Ultraviolet #1 (LE, $22.00) is less shimmery, darker, brighter (80% similar).
- Fenty Beauty Scandal'ice (LE, $36.00) is less shimmery, lighter, cooler (80% similar).
$21.00/0.02 oz. - $1050.00 Per Ounce
The Star Lit Powders can be used to “highlight eyes, lips and cheeks” with an “ultra-fine loose powder” that can be used “wet or dry to customize coverage intensity and luminosity.” While checking the weight on these, I noticed that the weight differs from shade to shade; this one had a mere 0.02 oz. while others ranged from 0.03 oz. to 0.09 oz. I also noticed that it appears the brand identifies what area you can use a shade on by listing an icon on the back of the jar in the shape of a pair of lips, an eyeball, and then a face (presumably for cheeks).
Browse all of our Make Up For Ever Star Lit Powder swatches.