103 Pink White
Make Up For Ever 103 Pink White Star Lit Diamond PowderMake Up For Ever 103 Pink White Star Lit Diamond Powder ($26.00 for 0.08 oz.) has a silvery-beige base that has a more dominant, pink-to-lavender shift from the shimmer and sparkle in it. On me, it read more iridescent, cool-toned pink than beige most of the time, both on eyes and on cheeks. The texture was full of sparkle, so there wasn’t much of a base color until it was really buffed onto the skin, and then it seemed like there was a subtle, pearlescent sheen coming through from the base pigment.
As one might expect, it’s not particularly easy to apply or to wear without some sort of adhesive spray, dampened brush, or tacky base. I think if you’re prepared to use one of those aforementioned items with this product, you won’t be disappointed, but it’s not much of a standalone product without getting moderate fallout over time. It was easiest to wear buffed onto my cheeks, as it melded with the skin there more than when I applied it to the inner corner, as I enjoyed noticeable fallout throughout the eight hours I wore it for (unless I used it with a setting spray). There was light sparkle migration over time but what I’d deem “acceptable” for a such a sparkle-heavy product. It had medium, buildable pigmentation depending on how it was applied and what it was applied over.
FURTHER READING: Formula Overview for details on general performance and characteristics (like scent).
- Make Up For Ever Reflection (LE, ) is more shimmery (95% similar).
- Stila Enigmatic (LE, $24.00) is less shimmery, darker (90% similar).
- MAC Mirrorball (PiP, ) is less shimmery, lighter, warmer (90% similar).
- Urban Decay Opal Aura (LE, $19.00) is less shimmery, warmer (85% similar).
- ColourPop Royal Ball (LE, ) is warmer (85% similar).
- Clionadh Luminaire (P, $8.50) is less shimmery, darker, warmer (85% similar).
- Urban Decay Dreamland (P, $22.00) is more shimmery (85% similar).
- Dior Mellow Shade #2 (LE, ) is less shimmery, warmer (85% similar).
- NARS Castaway (P, $28.00) is lighter, more pigmented (85% similar).
- Viseart Coy #9 (LE, ) is less shimmery, more pigmented, warmer (85% similar).
$26.00/0.08 oz. - $325.00 Per Ounce
The formula is supposed to be "buildable, blendable, [and] light-reflective" and can be used on the eyes, face, and body. The brand says that they can be applied with "brush or fingers," and while they say that "for cleaner application and stronger hold, wet brush with" an adhesive spray, it does imply it can be used without for less clean/less hold. The powders seem as finely-milled as they're going to get, but they have micro-sparkle and sparkle to them so they have a drier, almost loose glittery texture overall. Some shades seemed to have a stronger base color that came through than others, which were more glittery overall with a sheerer or transparent base.
I wore several of them on cheeks as well as eyes with most shades performing decently without an adhesive spray/tacky base, but the wear time was between six and eight hours with light to moderate fallout (depending on the shade) on eyes and eight hours on cheeks with some sparkle migration over time. I definitely would recommend using the product with an adhesive spray for the "cleaner application and stronger hold" the brand says it would result in.
Browse all of our Make Up For Ever Star Lit Diamond Powder swatches.