MAC Cold Comfort Extra Dimension Skinfinish ($38.50 for 0.28 oz.) is a pale lavender with cool undertones and finely-milled shimmer that shifted subtly from bluish-white to cool lavender. It seemed to have more of a translucent base instead of a white base, which should make it more workable across skin tones.
It had a light-to-moderate glow applied dry and could be intensified to a shinier, more metallic finish if applied with a wet brush. The texture was firmer in the pan without being stiff, though I felt like the raised design made it a bit harder to get an even pick up of product. The highlighter applied evenly to bare skin and blended out easily. It wore well for eight and a half hours on me before fading visibly.
FURTHER READING: Formula Overview for details on general performance and characteristics (like scent).
- MAC Soft Frost (P, $37.00) is more shimmery, darker (90% similar).
- Physicians Formula Iridescence (P, $10.99) is darker, warmer (90% similar).
- NARS Wild Phox (LE, $29.00) is lighter (90% similar).
- Pat McGrath Iridescent Pink (003) (PiP, $65.00) is more shimmery, warmer (90% similar).
- Sydney Grace Pink Mist (P, $9.00) is warmer (90% similar).
- ColourPop Showtime (LE, $8.00) is lighter (90% similar).
- ColourPop Pardon My Francais (LE, $8.00) is warmer (90% similar).
- Pat McGrath Iridescent Pink 003 (LE, $25.00) is more shimmery, warmer (90% similar).
- Make Up For Ever 5 Frozen Purple (P, $21.00) is more shimmery, darker, warmer (90% similar).
- Morphe Stardust (P, $14.00) is more shimmery (90% similar).
$37.00/0.31 oz. - $119.35 Per Ounce
The Extra Dimension Skinfinish formula is supposed to give “the perfect glow to the skin” with a “creamy powder formula” that wears for “10 hours.” It’s a powder highlighter that I’d describe as a moderate to intense highlighter, and they come in varying hues with some that might work as highlighting blushes/bronzers are on some skin tones and true highlighters on other skin tones. In general, the formula is very pigmented, blendable, and wears around eight to nine hours on me.
Browse all of our MAC Extra Dimension Skinfinish swatches.
Mica, Cetearyl Ethylhexanoate, C12-20 Acid Peg-8 Ester, Hdi/Trimethylol Hexyllactone Crosspolymer, Squalane, Glycerin, Chondrus Crispus (Carrageenan) Extract, Ethylhexylglycerin, Dicalcium Phosphate, Polysorbate 80, 1,2-Hexanediol, Silica, Synthetic Fluorphlogopite, Tin Oxide, Caprylyl Glycol, [+/- Titanium Dioxide (Ci 77891), Iron Oxides (Ci 77491), Iron Oxides (Ci 77492), Iron Oxides (Ci 77499), Bismuth Oxychloride (Ci 77163), Blue 1 Lake (Ci 42090), Carmine (Ci 75470), Manganese Violet (Ci 77742), Ultramarines (Ci 77007), Yellow 5 Lake (Ci 19140)]
Disclaimer: Ingredient lists are as available by the brand (or retailer) at the time of publishing. Please always check product packaging, if it exists, for the ingredient list applicable to the product you're purchasing, or the brand or retailer's website for the most up-to-date ingredient list.