MAC Rose Pigment ($21.00 for 0.15 oz.) is a medium-dark pink with subtle, warm undertones and much warmer, golden shimmer (and lots of it!) that gave it a metallic finish. It’s a loose product, but it has a chunkier shimmer to it–more frosted than most shimmers are these days–and tends to work best really pressed and patted on with fingertips or applied with a wet brush.
Applied dry as an eyeshadow, I find it tends to have a fair amount of fallout (even when I’m careful), but it goes on rather nicely when applied to my cheeks (dry, loose) and really buffed out on my skin as it is a larger area (and I think fallout tends to fall off the face vs. fall under the eyes when it’s used as a blush).
It had medium pigmentation applied dry, whereas it had opaque coverage when applied with a wet brush as the powder came together more readily and adhered better to my skin. The formula is designed to have more buildable and adjustable coverage, which I’d agree with for the most part. The color stayed on well for eight hours with minimal fading on me.
- Dior Fusion (764) (P, $29.50) is lighter (95% similar).
- Natasha Denona Golden Rose (60M) (P, $29.00) is lighter (90% similar).
- Clinique Pink and Plenty (P, $17.00) is less shimmery (90% similar).
- Stila Dollish (LE, $24.00) is lighter, cooler (90% similar).
- ColourPop Candygram (PiP, $4.50) is darker, cooler (90% similar).
- MAC Love Yourself (P, $22.00) is less shimmery (90% similar).
- NABLA Cosmetics Climbing Rose (PiP, ) is lighter, warmer (85% similar).
- Viseart Primrose (PiP, ) is less shimmery, lighter (85% similar).
- Kevyn Aucoin Laser (LE, ) is lighter, cooler (85% similar).
- Fenty Beauty Meteor Crush (LE, ) is less shimmery, lighter, cooler (85% similar).
Octyldodecyl Stearoyl Stearate , Isostearyl Neopentanoate , Tocopheryl Acetate , Caprylyl Glycol , Hexylene Glycol , Phenoxyethanol , [+/- Mica , Titanium Dioxide (Ci 77891) , Iron Oxides (Ci 77491, Ci 77492, Ci 77499) , Bismuth Oxychloride (Ci 77163) , Blue 1 Lake (Ci 42090) , Carmine (Ci 75470) , Chromium Hydroxide Green (Ci 77289) , Chromium Oxide Greens (Ci 77288) , Ferric Ferrocyanide (Ci 77510) , Manganese Violet (Ci 77742) , Red 7 Lake (Ci 15850) , Red 40 Lake (Ci 16035) , Ultramarines (Ci 77007) , Yellow 5 Lake (Ci 19140)]
Disclaimer: Ingredient lists are as available by the brand (or retailer) at the time of publishing. Please always check product packaging, if it exists, for the ingredient list applicable to the product you're purchasing, or the brand or retailer's website for the most up-to-date ingredient list.