Viva Glam Taraji P. Henson 2
MAC Viva Glam Taraji P Henson 2 Lipstick ($17.00 for 0.10 oz.) is a deep, reddish brown with warmer undertones and multi-colored, metallic shimmer–a mix of green, gold, and copper. It had good pigmentation that was buildable to full coverage. The consistency was lightweight, thin but not clingy, and smooth, which made it easy to maneuver across the lips. The lipstick went on evenly and lasted for five hours on me, while the formula was neither drying nor hydrating.
- Urban Decay Ember (P, $18.00) is lighter, cooler (95% similar).
- NYX New Era (P, $7.50) is less shimmery, less glossy (95% similar).
- MAC Act So Cool (LE, $19.50) is less shimmery (90% similar).
- Stellar Beauty Disco Moon 05 (P, $22.00) is darker, less glossy (95% similar).
- Urban Decay Conspiracy (P, $18.00) is lighter (90% similar).
- Urban Decay Roach (P, $18.00) is lighter (90% similar).
- Giorgio Armani Diva (200) (P, $38.00) is cooler (90% similar).
- Milani Matterialistic (02) (LE, $8.99) is cooler, less glossy (90% similar).
- Tom Ford Beauty Aperture (03) (LE, $53.00) is lighter, cooler (90% similar).
- MAC Caramel Sugar (LE, $17.50) is lighter, warmer, glossier (85% similar).
$19.50/0.1 oz. - $195.00 Per Ounce
MAC Lipstick comes in a variety of finishes, and the pigmentation and wear tend to be dependent on the finish. The sheer finishes, like Lustres, tend to wear for only a couple of hours and have sheer coverage (as designed) and are non-drying.
Some of the original Matte shades have a stiffer, drier formula, while newer ones have a more velvety, silicone-feel to them, and the latter are creamier, more comfortable to wear, and easier to apply, but most Matte shades are quite pigmented and long-wearing, though some are drying.
The Amplified and Satin finishes tend to have good pigmentation, lightly creamy to moderately creamy consistencies with a bit of shine, and moderate to long wear with deeper, richer shades wearing longer. The Frost and Metallic finishes have the most variance between shades with coverage ranging from semi-sheer to opaque with average wear and non-drying to slightly drying formulas. All MAC lipsticks are vanilla-scented but have no discernible taste.
Browse all of our MAC Lipstick swatches.
Viva Glam Taraji P. Henson 2
MAC Viva Glam Taraji P Henson 2 Lipglass ($17.00 for 0.10 oz.) is a medium-dark gold with warm, brown undertones and lighter gold flecks of shimmer and some sparkle. The texture was smooth, light-medium in weight, and moderately tacky, though I think if you have not tried MAC’s newer Lipglasses (over the last few years), you might find them a lot easier to wear, as they do not feel as thick overall. The gloss was lightly hydrating on me over the four and a half hours it lasted for. The downside, though, was the gloss wasn’t described as sheer, and the Lipglass formula is supposed to be pigmented.
- Jouer Molten Gold (LE, $16.00) is less pigmented (90% similar).
- MAC Gold Mirror (LE, $17.50) is more shimmery, lighter (90% similar).
- MAC Pure Sophistication (LE, $17.50) is lighter (90% similar).
- Urban Decay Goldmine (P, $20.00) is more shimmery (90% similar).
- MAC Santa Got Moneyyy (LE, $20.00) is more shimmery, lighter (90% similar).
- MAC Pleasure Planet (LE, $17.50) is lighter (90% similar).
- Bobbi Brown Canary (P, $24.00) is more shimmery (95% similar).
- Colour Pop Flutter Valley (LE, $6.00) is lighter, cooler (85% similar).
- Bite Beauty Gold (P, $22.00) is more shimmery, darker, more pigmented (90% similar).
- Pat McGrath Blitz Gold (P, $30.00) is more shimmery, less pigmented (85% similar).
$17.50/0.1 oz. - $175.00 Per Ounce
The Lipglass formula is supposed to be “pigmented, very shiny and can impart subtle or dramatic color” that can be worn “on its own, over lip pencil or lipstick” and will “condition lips.” MAC could use an update on the description as some shades are more pigmented than others but several are sheerer and likely intended to be that way. The formula has a very glossy, high-shine finish with a light-medium weight and moderate tackiness.
I have found that newer Lipglasses (over the last couple of years) are smoother and not quite as tacky as the formula was many years ago. They wear from three to six hours on me and are usually lightly hydrating. MAC recently updated the shade range and packaging for the range (though the formula was said to be unchanged), so worth noting is that with that packaging change came a reduction in quantity to 0.10 fl. oz. (was 0.17 fl. oz.), which may matter for some but not everyone.
Browse all of our MAC Lipglass swatches.