MAC Soft Frost Extra Dimension Skinfinish ($33.00 for 0.31 oz.) is a cool, icy lavender with a violet sheen.
The Extra Dimension Skinfinish formula now features four, permanent shades, and the formula is supposed to be a highlighter that “lasts up to ten hours” with “prismatic reflections.” Soft Frost had semi-sheer, buildable color–up to medium coverage–with a very fine, pearlescent sheen. It was one of the sheerer Extra Dimension Skinfinishes I’ve come across, and the consistency was much firmer in the pan as well. It has a subtle shift from a tinted white to a more noticeable violet sheen, depending on the angle. Despite the firmer texture, it still blended out well on the skin and wasn’t a real challenge to use, as long as the sheerer coverage is desired. On me, it wore well for eight hours before fading.
FURTHER READING: Formula Overview for details on general performance and characteristics (like scent).
- Physicians Formula Iridescence (P, $10.99) is less shimmery (95% similar).
- Make Up For Ever 5 Frozen Purple (P, $21.00) is less shimmery (95% similar).
- Pat McGrath Iridescent Pink (003) (PiP, $60.00) is more shimmery (95% similar).
- MAC Cold Comfort (LE, $37.00) is less shimmery, lighter (90% similar).
- Becca Prismatic Amethyst (LE, $38.00) is less shimmery, warmer (95% similar).
- Pat McGrath Iridescent Pink 003 (LE, $25.00) is more shimmery (95% similar).
- NYX Lavender Steel (P, $7.99) is warmer (95% similar).
- Fenty Beauty Confetti (P, $25.00) is more shimmery (90% similar).
- Giorgio Armani Pink Light (P, $45.00) is less shimmery, lighter (90% similar).
- Clionadh Fuse (P, $12.50) is warmer (90% similar).
$37.00/0.31 oz. - $119.35 Per Ounce
The Extra Dimension Skinfinish formula is supposed to give “the perfect glow to the skin” with a “creamy powder formula” that wears for “10 hours.” It’s a powder highlighter that I’d describe as a moderate to intense highlighter, and they come in varying hues with some that might work as highlighting blushes/bronzers are on some skin tones and true highlighters on other skin tones. In general, the formula is very pigmented, blendable, and wears around eight to nine hours on me.
Browse all of our MAC Extra Dimension Skinfinish swatches.