MAC Double-Gleam Extra Dimension Skinfinish ($33.00 for 0.31 oz.) is a light gold with warm, yellow undertones and a metallic sheen.
The Extra Dimension Skinfinish formula now features four, permanent shades–yay! (Finally!) According to MAC, it’s a highlighter that “lasts up to ten hours” with “prismatic reflections.” Double-Gleam was richly pigmented but could easily be sheered out or used with a less dense brush for a more moderate glow. The consistency was soft, smooth, and blendable, so it was easy to apply and work with on the face to highlight on cheekbones, down the bridge of the nose, and so forth. The shimmer in Double-Gleam seemed finer and smoother compared to past iterations in this formula, and I think it ended up being more forgiving on the skin overall. It has a much stronger sheen to it, so when worn at full coverage, it did emphasize my skin’s natural texture slightly. The highlighter started to fade after eight hours on me.
FURTHER READING: Formula Overview for details on general performance and characteristics (like scent).
- Lethal Cosmetics Chromosphere (P, $18.00) is less shimmery, warmer (95% similar).
- Huda Beauty Santorini (LE, ) is lighter (95% similar).
- Kaja Gold Drip (PiP, ) is less shimmery (95% similar).
- Maybelline Nikkie Tutorials (LE, $9.99) is more shimmery (95% similar).
- Persona Laguna (P, $24.00) is less shimmery (95% similar).
- Illamasqua Aurora (P, $24.00) is less shimmery (95% similar).
- ColourPop Extra (LE, $8.00) is cooler (95% similar).
- Laura Mercier Affection (LE, $45.00) is warmer (95% similar).
- Milani Pearl (PiP, ) is more shimmery (95% similar).
- Wayne Goss Rosy (PiP, ) is cooler (95% similar).
$37.00/0.31 oz. - $119.35 Per Ounce
The Extra Dimension Skinfinish formula is supposed to give “the perfect glow to the skin” with a “creamy powder formula” that wears for “10 hours.” It’s a powder highlighter that I’d describe as a moderate to intense highlighter, and they come in varying hues with some that might work as highlighting blushes/bronzers are on some skin tones and true highlighters on other skin tones. In general, the formula is very pigmented, blendable, and wears around eight to nine hours on me.
Browse all of our MAC Extra Dimension Skinfinish swatches.