MAC Perfectly Lit Mineralize Skinfinish ($34.00 for 0.35 oz.) is a rich, medium-dark copper with strong, warm orange undertones and a metallic sheen. The powder was nearly opaque in a single layer and easily built-up to full coverage if preferred. It consisted of a soft copper, orange-copper, red-copper, and deeper orange-copper, so there wasn’t inherently a ton of variation in the overall tone and depth of the shade but on cooler complexions, some of that tonal difference between more orange compared to more pink/red may be more apparent.
The consistency was soft, slightly dusty but not in a meaningful way (where it would impact application), and blended out easily on my skin. I noticed that it seemed to deepen a bit within a few minutes of application but did not darken further later on during wear. There was slight emphasis of my skin’s natural texture when I wore it at near-opaque coverage, though. This shade stayed on well for eight and a half hours.
FURTHER READING: Formula Overview for details on general performance and characteristics (like scent).
- MAC Highlight the Truth (LE, $34.00) is more shimmery, lighter (90% similar).
- MAC Stride of Pride (LE, $34.00) is less shimmery (95% similar).
- Laura Geller Pink Grapefruit (P, $28.00) is lighter (95% similar).
- NARS Embruns (-, ) is warmer (95% similar).
- Laura Geller Golden Apricot (P, $28.00) is lighter (95% similar).
- bareMinerals Kiss of Copper (LE, $25.00) is less shimmery (95% similar).
- Fenty Beauty Sinamon (P, $25.00) is darker (95% similar).
- NARS Coucher de Soleil II (LE, ) is lighter, cooler (90% similar).
- ColourPop Outta Sight (LE, $8.00) is less shimmery (90% similar).
- Milani Coral Beams (P, $13.00) is less shimmery, lighter, brighter (90% similar).
$34.00/0.35 oz. - $97.14 Per Ounce
The description has changed over the years--the most current description (as of 4/21/2018) is that it is a "slow-baked, velvety soft, domed face powder with a radiant finish" that can be used to highlight "the high points of the face" or blended "all over for a sheer luminous polish to the skin." The sheerness seems to be more in referenced to the finish than the coverage, as the usage now states to use the product damp for an even stronger sheen.
In general, the Mineralize Skinfinish formula tends to be more metallic to glittery with medium to opaque coverage--it really depends on the shade. The texture of the formula has been refined over the years with current editions being fairly smooth, blendable, and easy to use. The wear has varied from six to eight hours on me with newer shades and variations lasting closer to eight hours on average.
Browse all of our MAC Mineralize Skinfinish swatches.