MAC Lee Hi Lipstick ($17.00 for 0.10 oz.) is a deep red with warm undertones and a satin finish. The consistency was incredibly smooth, dense but not heavy or too firm in the tube, and it applied evenly across the lips and never tugged. It was richly pigmented and yielded even coverage in a single layer. The color wore well for over six hours, left a slight stain behind, and was non-drying.
The lipstick will be released online on June 29th!
FURTHER READING: Formula Overview for details on general performance and characteristics (like scent).
- Make Up For Ever C406 (DC, $22.00) is darker (95% similar).
- NARS Immortal Red (P, $26.00) is darker, cooler (95% similar).
- ColourPop Liquid Courage (P, $7.00) is darker (95% similar).
- NARS VIP Red (DC, $28.00) is lighter (95% similar).
- ColourPop Snow White (LE, $7.00) is lighter, cooler (90% similar).
- Hourglass At Night (P, $34.00) is lighter (95% similar).
- MAC Retro Rouge (LE, $18.00) is lighter (95% similar).
- ColourPop Lost (P, $7.00) is more muted, cooler (90% similar).
- KVD Beauty Nosferatu (P, $20.00) is darker, less glossy (90% similar).
- Make Up For Ever M402 (DC, $22.00) is darker, cooler (90% similar).
$20.00/0.1 oz. - $200.00 Per Ounce
MAC Lipstick comes in a variety of finishes, and the pigmentation and wear tend to be dependent on the finish. The sheer finishes, like Lustres, tend to wear for only a couple of hours and have sheer coverage (as designed) and are non-drying.
Some of the original Matte shades have a stiffer, drier formula, while newer ones have a more velvety, silicone-feel to them, and the latter are creamier, more comfortable to wear, and easier to apply, but most Matte shades are quite pigmented and long-wearing, though some are drying.
The Amplified and Satin finishes tend to have good pigmentation, lightly creamy to moderately creamy consistencies with a bit of shine, and moderate to long wear with deeper, richer shades wearing longer. The Frost and Metallic finishes have the most variance between shades with coverage ranging from semi-sheer to opaque with average wear and non-drying to slightly drying formulas. All MAC lipsticks are vanilla-scented but have no discernible taste.
Browse all of our MAC Lipstick swatches.