JD Glow Essence Pressed Powder Illuminator ($16.50 for 0.28 oz.) is a slightly muted, medium-dark copper with warm, rosy undertones paired with a metallic finish. It had an incredibly intense shine, which resulted in some emphasis of my skin’s natural texture at higher coverage.
The texture felt smooth, lightly creamy without being too firmly-pressed into the pan nor was it thick in consistency, which ensured it picked up well with a tapered, highlighting brush for even application of product on my skin. It blended out with ease and yielded opaque coverage in a single layer, though one could sheer it out or pick up less for more buildable coverage. This shade stayed on nicely for eight and a half hours before fading visibly.
FURTHER READING: Formula Overview for details on general performance and characteristics (like scent).
- Sydney Grace Morning Glory (P, $9.00) is lighter, cooler (90% similar).
- J. Cat Beauty Pink Goddess (P, $9.00) is less shimmery, lighter (90% similar).
- Make Up For Ever 15 Golden Pink (P, $21.00) is darker, cooler (90% similar).
- Laura Mercier Temptation (LE, $45.00) is lighter (90% similar).
- Anastasia Rose Gold (LE, $25.00) is less shimmery, darker (90% similar).
- ColourPop Total Package (P, $8.00) is darker (90% similar).
- Tarte NYE (LE, $28.00) is warmer (90% similar).
- Bobbi Brown Tawny Glow (P, $48.00) is less shimmery, darker, cooler (90% similar).
- Bobbi Brown Pink Quartz (P, $46.00) is lighter, cooler (90% similar).
- Lancome Rose Twinkle #2 (LE, ) is less shimmery, lighter (90% similar).
$16.50/0.28 oz. - $58.93 Per Ounce
The highlighter formula runs nearly opaque to opaque with moderate to intense luminosity. A couple of the more metallic shades can emphasize skin texture when worn at higher coverage levels, but for the most part, the glow was intense, shiny, and reflective without emphasizing my natural texture.
The consistency felt smooth, lightweight, and thin without being powdery or too firmly-pressed into the pan, so it wasn't messy to use while picking up readily with a typical highlighter brush. There was a creaminess and some slip to it that made it feel almost like a cream-powder but was definitely a powder product. The highlighter applied evenly to bare skin, blended out with ease, and lasted between eight and nine hours before fading on me.
Browse all of our JD Glow Pressed Powder Illuminator swatches.
Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Dimethicone, Isopropyl Palmitate, Zinc Stearate, Nylon 12, Boron Nitride, Silica, Phenoxyethanol, Caprylyl Glycol, Potassium Sorbate, Hexylene Glycol. May Also Contain: Oxide Pigments, Ultramarines, Chromium Green, Lake Dyes, Copper Powder, Bronze Powder, Aluminum Powder, Tin Oxide, Borosilicate, Fragrance
Disclaimer: Ingredient lists are as available by the brand (or retailer) at the time of publishing. Please always check product packaging, if it exists, for the ingredient list applicable to the product you're purchasing, or the brand or retailer's website for the most up-to-date ingredient list.