ILIA Before Today Color Haze Multi-Use Pigment ($32.00 for 0.23 oz.) is a medium pink with warm undertones and a natural, demi-matte finish. The consistency was smooth, spreadable, and blendable on my skin with a cream-like texture that was a little denser and substantial, so it didn’t feel overly watery or thin. The pigmentation was semi-sheer to medium, slightly buildable, but it didn’t build up to full opacity for me (just seemed to want to diffuse and diffuse). The blush applied evenly and stayed on well for seven and a half hours on me before fading noticeably.
As a lip product, it had more medium to semi-opaque pigmentation that went on fairly evenly but did highlight and gather in my lip lines. The consistency was moderately tacky, thin, and lightweight with a non-drying formula that lasted for three hours on me.
- Chanel Quintessence (440) (P, $45.00) is more shimmery, lighter, cooler (90% similar).
- Chanel Tweed Evanescent (130) (LE, $45.00) is more shimmery, lighter, cooler (90% similar).
- NARS Love (LE, $30.00) is lighter (90% similar).
- Tarte Icon (LE, $29.00) is more shimmery, lighter, cooler (90% similar).
- Tarte Amazed (LE, $29.00) is lighter, cooler (90% similar).
- NYX Dusty Rose (DC, $5.00) is lighter (90% similar).
- Tarte Irreplaceable (LE, $29.00) is more shimmery, lighter, cooler (90% similar).
- NARS Blasphemy (LE, $30.00) is more shimmery, lighter (90% similar).
- Colour Pop Cruel Intentions (LE, $8.00) is lighter, cooler, less glossy (90% similar).
- NARS Angel Pride IV (LE, $30.00) is more shimmery, less glossy (90% similar).
$32.00/0.23 oz. - $139.13 Per Ounce
It's supposed to have "buildable" coverage that could be worn as a "wash of color" or built up to "richer, bolder payoff." It can be used on cheeks as well as lips. The consistency has a smooth, liquid-cream consistency--much more spreadable and more emollient than a potted cream blush but a bit denser and more substantial than a true liquid blush. On my lips, it had a thinner, clingier consistency and moderate tackiness. The coverage was sheer to medium (depending on how much product was applied or with what tool) and could be built up somewhat but was difficult to get much beyond medium.
The shades I tried spread out and blended out nicely on my cheeks without emphasizing my skin texture or lifting foundation, and they dried down for the most part. As a lip product, the color went on fairly well, but the lighter shade was more prone to settling into my lip lines while the deeper shade went on more flatteringly. As a cheek color, they lasted six to seven hours, and as a lip product, they lasted between two and three hours and were non-drying.
It had a sweet, vanilla scent, and there was a bit of a tingle on my skin when I used it as a cheek color but not something I noticed on my lips.
Browse all of our ILIA Color Haze Multi-Use Pigment swatches.
Undecane, Tridecane, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil*, Mica, Hydrogenated Styrene/Isoprene Copolymer, Silica, Kaolin, Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Oil*, Hydrogenated Olive Oil Unsaponifiables, Balanites Roxburghii Seed Oil*, Hydrogenated Vegetable Oil, Vanillin, Hectorite, Candelilla Cera/Euphorbia Cerifera (Candelilla) Wax, Elaeis Guineensis (Palm) Oil, Gossypium Herbaceum (Cotton) Seed Oil, Bidens Pilosa Extract, Tocopherol, Linum Usitatissimum (Linseed) Seed Oil, Pentaerythrityl Tetra-Di-T-Butyl Hydroxyhydrocinnamate, Alumina, Magnesium Oxide. May Contain (+/-): Titanium Dioxide (Ci 77891), Iron Oxides (Ci 77491, Ci 77492, Ci 77499), Red 6 (Ci 15850), Red 7 Lake (Ci 15850), Blue 1 Lake (Ci 42090).