Giorgio Armani Redwood (415) Lip Maestro ($38.00 for 0.22 oz.) is a rich, coppery-red with warmer undertones and barely-there, ultra-fine gold pearl strewn throughout. The consistency was creamy, spreadable, and velvety–not overly “wet” in feel but dispersed well across my lips for an even lay down of color.
The only place for improvement with this product and formula was that it could have smoothed out my lip lines a bit. It had opaque pigmentation in a single layer that stayed on well for over six hours and felt hydrating over time.
FURTHER READING: Formula Overview for details on general performance and characteristics (like scent).
- Shiseido Sleeping Dragon (227) (P, $26.00) is less shimmery, cooler, less glossy (95% similar).
- Make Up For Ever Beating Earth (322) (P, $23.00) is less shimmery, darker, less glossy (95% similar).
- YSL Fiery Red (83) (P, $38.00) is less shimmery, cooler, less glossy (95% similar).
- Lancome French Coeur (118) (P, $32.00) is less shimmery, lighter (95% similar).
- Guerlain Wild Kiss (509) (P, $39.00) is less shimmery, lighter, warmer (90% similar).
- Estee Lauder Light Heart (917) (P, $32.00) is less shimmery, lighter (90% similar).
- Lancome Ruby Queen (02) (P, $32.00) is darker (90% similar).
- NARS Lee (LE, $34.00) is less shimmery, darker, cooler (90% similar).
- Urban Decay Callback (P, $19.00) is darker, cooler (90% similar).
- Hourglass Only You (LE, $34.00) is less shimmery, lighter (90% similar).
$38.00/0.22 oz. - $172.73 Per Ounce
The consistency has more slip and a velvety-smooth feel that softly “clings” to the lips, so while the finish has a glossier look for the first few hours, the color stays on well. If you’ve ever used a silicone-based primer, there’s a bit of that feel to the formula overall. Most shades last between six and eight hours on me, are non-drying to lightly hydrating, and comfortable to wear. The formula is unscented and has no discernible taste.
The Lip Maestro Notorious formula is supposed to have a “luminous matte” finish with “8 hours of wear” and “high pigment.” The Notorious shades are inspired by “chic Hollywood glamour” but otherwise appear very similar in feel to the original Lip Maestro formula.
Browse all of our Giorgio Armani Lip Maestro swatches.
DIMETHICONE, BIS-DIGLYCERYL POLYACYLADIPATE-2, DIISOSTEARYL MALATE, DIMETHICONE CROSSPOLYMER, HYDROGENATED POLYISOBUTENE, PHENYL TRIMETHICONE, KAOLIN, HDI/TRIMETHYLOL HEXYLLACTONE CROSSPOLYMER, ISOSTEARYL ISOSTEARATE, POLYETHYLENE, VINYL DIMETHICONE/METHICONE SILSESQUIOXANE CROSSPOLYMER, NYLON-12, PENTYLENE GLYCOL, HYDRATED SILICA, MAGNESIUM SILICATE, ETHYLHEXYLGLYCERIN, SILICA, CALCIUM ALUMINUM BOROSILICATE, CALCIUM SODIUM BOROSILICATE, SYNTHETIC FLUORPHLOGOPITE, PENTAERYTHRITYL TETRA-DI-T-BUTYL HYDROXYHYDROCINNAMATE, TIN OXIDE, CAPRYLYL GLYCOL, METHICONE, ALUMINA, [+/- MAY CONTAIN: CI 15850/RED 7, CI 7789/TITANIUM DIOXIDE, CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499/IRON OXIDES, CI 45410/RED 28 LAKE, CI 15985/YELLOW 6 LAKE, CI 45380/RED 22 LAKE, CI 19140/YELLOW 5 LAKE, CI 42090/BLUE 1 LAKE, CI 15850/RED 7 LAKE, CI 15850/RED 6, CI 75470/CARMINE, MICA]
Disclaimer: Ingredient lists are as available by the brand (or retailer) at the time of publishing. Please always check product packaging, if it exists, for the ingredient list applicable to the product you're purchasing, or the brand or retailer's website for the most up-to-date ingredient list.