Giorgio Armani Redwood (415) Lip MaestroGiorgio Armani Redwood (415) Lip Maestro ($38.00 for 0.22 oz.) is a rich, coppery-red with warmer undertones and barely-there, ultra-fine gold pearl strewn throughout. The consistency was creamy, spreadable, and velvety–not overly “wet” in feel but dispersed well across my lips for an even lay down of color.
The only place for improvement with this product and formula was that it could have smoothed out my lip lines a bit. It had opaque pigmentation in a single layer that stayed on well for over six hours and felt hydrating over time.
FURTHER READING: Formula Overview for details on general performance and characteristics (like scent).
- Shiseido Sleeping Dragon (227) (P, $26.00) is less shimmery, cooler, less glossy (95% similar).
- YSL Fiery Red (83) (P, $38.00) is less shimmery, cooler, less glossy (95% similar).
- MAC Devoted to Chili (P, $24.00) is less shimmery, lighter, less glossy (90% similar).
- NARS Lee (LE, $34.00) is less shimmery, darker, cooler (90% similar).
- Hourglass I'll Forever (LE, $34.00) is less shimmery, warmer, less glossy (90% similar).
- Bite Beauty Hot Harissa (LE, $26.00) is less shimmery, warmer, less glossy (90% similar).
- Hourglass Only You (LE, $34.00) is less shimmery, lighter (90% similar).
- YSL Chili Tunique (80) (P, $38.00) is less shimmery, lighter, more muted (90% similar).
- ColourPop Fee Fi Fo (LE, $7.00) is less shimmery, lighter, less glossy (90% similar).
- Bite Beauty Maple (DC, $26.00) is less glossy (90% similar).
$38.00/0.22 oz. - $172.73 Per Ounce
The consistency has more slip and a velvety-smooth feel that softly “clings” to the lips, so while the finish has a glossier look for the first few hours, the color stays on well. If you’ve ever used a silicone-based primer, there’s a bit of that feel to the formula overall. Most shades last between six and eight hours on me, are non-drying to lightly hydrating, and comfortable to wear. The formula is unscented and has no discernible taste.
The Lip Maestro Notorious formula is supposed to have a “luminous matte” finish with “8 hours of wear” and “high pigment.” The Notorious shades are inspired by “chic Hollywood glamour” but otherwise appear very similar in feel to the original Lip Maestro formula.
Browse all of our Giorgio Armani Lip Maestro swatches.
DIMETHICONE, BIS-DIGLYCERYL POLYACYLADIPATE-2, DIISOSTEARYL MALATE, DIMETHICONE CROSSPOLYMER, HYDROGENATED POLYISOBUTENE, PHENYL TRIMETHICONE, KAOLIN, HDI/TRIMETHYLOL HEXYLLACTONE CROSSPOLYMER, ISOSTEARYL ISOSTEARATE, POLYETHYLENE, VINYL DIMETHICONE/METHICONE SILSESQUIOXANE CROSSPOLYMER, NYLON-12, PENTYLENE GLYCOL, HYDRATED SILICA, MAGNESIUM SILICATE, ETHYLHEXYLGLYCERIN, SILICA, CALCIUM ALUMINUM BOROSILICATE, CALCIUM SODIUM BOROSILICATE, SYNTHETIC FLUORPHLOGOPITE, PENTAERYTHRITYL TETRA-DI-T-BUTYL HYDROXYHYDROCINNAMATE, TIN OXIDE, CAPRYLYL GLYCOL, METHICONE, ALUMINA, [+/- MAY CONTAIN: CI 15850/RED 7, CI 7789/TITANIUM DIOXIDE, CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499/IRON OXIDES, CI 45410/RED 28 LAKE, CI 15985/YELLOW 6 LAKE, CI 45380/RED 22 LAKE, CI 19140/YELLOW 5 LAKE, CI 42090/BLUE 1 LAKE, CI 15850/RED 7 LAKE, CI 15850/RED 6, CI 75470/CARMINE, MICA]