Flower Beauty Pinched Blush Bomb ($9.99 for 0.3 oz.) is a light-medium peach with warm undertones. It was fairly balanced between pink and orange, so it may appear pinker on those with cooler undertones and more orange on those with warmer undertones. The texture was lightweight, spreadable, and easy to work with as it felt more gel-like–more substantial but not heavy or cream-like but not was watery as a typical liquid blush. It had buildable pigmentation from semi-sheer to mostly opaque, which applied evenly and blended out nicely. It stayed on well for eight and a half hours before fading noticeably on me.
FURTHER READING: Formula Overview for details on general performance and characteristics (like scent).
- Tarte Breathless (LE, $29.00) is more shimmery, darker, cooler (95% similar).
- ColourPop Mercy Me (P, $8.00) is darker, warmer (90% similar).
- NARS Buzzed (LE, $30.00) is cooler, less glossy (90% similar).
- Melt Cosmetics Cali Dream (P, $22.00) is darker (90% similar).
- ColourPop Golden Hour (LE, $12.00) is warmer, less glossy (90% similar).
- bareMinerals The Summer Fling (LE, $22.00) is cooler, less glossy (90% similar).
- ILIA I Put a Spell on You (P, $34.00) is warmer (90% similar).
- Physicians Formula Vintage Rouge (P, $12.99) is more shimmery, less glossy (90% similar).
- Rare Beauty Bliss (P, $20.00) is darker, less glossy (90% similar).
- Make Up For Ever #225 HD Blush (DC, $26.00) is more shimmery (90% similar).
$9.99/0.3 oz. - $33.30 Per Ounce
The formula is supposed to have "buildable" coverage with a "natural looking" finish that "blends seamlessly" and is "non-staining." They have a gel-like consistency--more liquid-like but with more substance, a little less watery in feel--that plays better with base products than more water-like liquid/cream blushes. This type of gel texture seems to smooth over base products without lifting them up in my experience. I found the texture easy to apply over bare skin or base products with fingertips or synthetic brushes (though I tend to use fingertips for ease and because they're faster to clean between swatches!). They dried down for the most part but remained more natural to dewy in finish, which was the best of both worlds -- the sheen of liquid and cream products but without a bunch of slip-and-slide during wear.
The pigmentation ranged from shade to shade, though they were all buildable, but a couple of shades, like Bitten (deeper berry), were shades where a little went a long way; they were more semi-opaque to opaque in coverage with sheer coverage being possible by using a very small amount of product. The wear ranged from eight to nine hours before the color started to fade noticeably.
Browse all of our Flower Beauty Blush Bomb swatches.
Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethicone, Butylene Glycol, Synthetic Wax, Cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 Dimethicone, Behenyl Dimethicone, Isododecane, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Phenoxyethanol, Dimethiconol, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Ricinus Communis (Castor) Seed Oil, Disodium EDTA, Tropolone. May Contain: Red 7 Lake, Titanium Dioxide, Yellow 5 Lake, Blue 1 Lake, Iron Oxides.
Disclaimer: Ingredient lists are as available by the brand (or retailer) at the time of publishing. Please always check product packaging, if it exists, for the ingredient list applicable to the product you're purchasing, or the brand or retailer's website for the most up-to-date ingredient list.