Flower Beauty Bitten Blush Bomb ($9.99 for 0.3 oz.) is a bright, deep berry with cool, pink undertones and a natural finish. It has a lightweight, gel-like texture–not quite as dense as a cream but not as watery as a true liquid blush would feel–that applied evenly to bare skin and blended out nicely without sinking into my pores or emphasizing my texture. The formula also worked well over base products without disturbing or lifting them up as the blush was applied and blended out. It dried down to a transfer-resistant finish that was lightly dewy. This shade stayed on well for nine hours before fading slightly on me.
- Colour Pop New Lowes (LE, $8.00) is more shimmery, darker, warmer (90% similar).
- Viseart Violet #3 (PiP, ) is more shimmery, darker, warmer (90% similar).
- NARS Aroused (P, $30.00) is lighter, less glossy (90% similar).
- Dior Poison Matte (962) (P, $44.00) is less glossy (90% similar).
- Glossier Haze (P, $18.00) is less pigmented, warmer (95% similar).
- Kevyn Aucoin Grapevine #3 (PiP, ) is more shimmery, lighter, warmer (90% similar).
- Colour Pop Pretty Thing (P, $8.00) is lighter, more muted, warmer (85% similar).
- MAC Hot Nights (LE, $24.00) is more shimmery, less glossy (85% similar).
- NARS Candid (LE, $30.00) is more shimmery, less glossy (85% similar).
- Black Up NBL 03 (P, $26.50) is more shimmery, darker, warmer (85% similar).
$9.99/0.3 oz. - $33.30 Per Ounce
The formula is supposed to have "buildable" coverage with a "natural looking" finish that "blends seamlessly" and is "non-staining." They have a gel-like consistency--more liquid-like but with more substance, a little less watery in feel--that plays better with base products than more water-like liquid/cream blushes. This type of gel texture seems to smooth over base products without lifting them up in my experience. I found the texture easy to apply over bare skin or base products with fingertips or synthetic brushes (though I tend to use fingertips for ease and because they're faster to clean between swatches!). They dried down for the most part but remained more natural to dewy in finish, which was the best of both worlds -- the sheen of liquid and cream products but without a bunch of slip-and-slide during wear.
The pigmentation ranged from shade to shade, though they were all buildable, but a couple of shades, like Bitten (deeper berry), were shades where a little went a long way; they were more semi-opaque to opaque in coverage with sheer coverage being possible by using a very small amount of product. The wear ranged from eight to nine hours before the color started to fade noticeably.
Browse all of our Flower Beauty Blush Bomb swatches.
Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethicone, Butylene Glycol, Synthetic Wax, Cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 Dimethicone, Behenyl Dimethicone, Isododecane, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Phenoxyethanol, Dimethiconol, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Ricinus Communis (Castor) Seed Oil, Disodium EDTA, Tropolone. May Contain: Red 7 Lake, Titanium Dioxide, Yellow 5 Lake, Blue 1 Lake, Iron Oxides.