Navy or Die
Fenty Beauty Navy or Die Flypencil Longwear Eyeliner ($22.00 for 0.01 oz.) is a deep navy blue with cool undertones and a subtle, pearl finish. The texture was smooth, creamy without being too emollient or wet; it actually dried down very quickly, so it wasn’t the most smudgeable formula one could reach for, but it did set into place and stay on well.
It had nearly opaque pigmentation in a single, fluid stroke, which applied evenly to the waterline and the lower lash line for me. This shade wore nicely for six and a half hours on my lower water line and nine hours on my lower lash line.
FURTHER READING: Formula Overview for details on general performance and characteristics (like scent).
- MAC Petrol Blue (P, $15.00) is lighter, cooler (95% similar).
- Marc Jacobs Beauty Over(night) (P, $25.00) is less shimmery, darker, cooler (90% similar).
- MAC Bionic Bae (LE, $17.00) is less shimmery, darker (90% similar).
- MAC Waveline (P, $16.00) is less shimmery, lighter, cooler (90% similar).
- Stila Midnight Blue (P, $22.00) is less shimmery, lighter, cooler (90% similar).
- Urban Decay Push (P, $20.00) is less shimmery, lighter, cooler (90% similar).
- Colour Pop DTLA (P, $5.00) is darker, warmer (90% similar).
- NARS Darklight (P, $24.00) is less shimmery, darker, cooler (90% similar).
- MAC Sudsy (LE, $17.00) is less shimmery, lighter (90% similar).
- Urban Decay Push (P, $22.00) is less shimmery, lighter, brighter (90% similar).
$22.00/0.01 oz. - $2200.00 Per Ounce
The formula is supposed to have "smudge-resistant, water-resistant longwear" with a "creamy" consistency and "hyper-pigmented" coverage. They lasted between four and eight hours on my lower waterline and eight to nine hours with minimal fading/movement on my lower lash line for the most part; they did not seem to be marketed for waterline usage, so longevity ratings are based on lasting power on my lower lash line. I found that the shimmer shades moved the least over time, while they were the ones that adhered least to my waterline compared to the matte shades.
The texture was smooth, creamy, and comfortable to work with on my waterline as well as my lower lash line as it the pencils did not tug. There's not a lot of time for smudging, so you'll want to work quickly and one eye at a time if that's something you'd like to do with the liner.
The pigmentation varied from shade to shade with most shades having somewhere between medium (but buildable) to opaque coverage. There were a few shades that applied best with short, overlapping strokes to get the most even, intense coverage. The creamier texture coupled with the liner's quick drydown meant that a second layer was best applied after the first layer dried down; some of the creamier shades (like Sea About It) layered poorly otherwise.
Warning: once twisted up, the pencil doesn't twist back into the holder, so make sure you don't twist more product than necessary out. I also found that some of the creamier shades could break when applied--I had this occur on the following shades during swatching: Bachelor Pad, In Big Truffle, and Sea About It and had it occur during application (to my lower lash line) with She a Problem.
Browse all of our Fenty Beauty Flypencil Longwear Eyeliner swatches.
TRISILOXANE, TRIMETHYLSILOXYSILICATE, POLYETHYLENE, MICA, DIMETHICONE, OCTYLDODECANOL, PHENYLISOPROPYL DIMETHICONE, SYNTHETIC FLUORPHLOGOPITE, OZOKERITE, C30-45 ALKYL DIMETHICONE, POLYHYDROXYSTEARIC ACID, DISTEARDIMONIUM HECTORITE, TOCOPHERYL ACETATE, PROPYLENE CARBONATE, TIN OXIDE, MALTODEXTRIN, TITANIUM DIOXIDE (CI 77891), IRON OXIDES (CI 77499), FERRIC AMMONIUM FERROCYANIDE (CI 77510), CARMINE (CI 75470), FERRIC FERROCYANIDE (CI 77510).