A Dream is a Wish Your Heart Makes
Colour Pop A Dream is a Wish Your Heart Makes Disney Designer Cheek & Lip Duo ($18.00 for 0.43 oz.) features a metallic beige highlighter paired with a subtle, warmer mid-tone pink liquid lipstick. The highlighter was excellent–richly pigmented, creamy, and seamless application with nine=hour wear–while the liquid lipstick was closer to opaque in coverage rather than the “medium buildable” it was designed to have, but the liquid lipstick had decent wear and application.
Horse and Carriage
Horse and Carriage is a bright, shiny beige with subtle, warm undertones and a metallic finish. It was richly pigmented with a smooth, creamy texture that was soft and yielding without being powdery. The product applied evenly to my cheeks and blended out nicely without emphasizing my skin’s natural texture. It stayed on well for nine hours before fading noticeably.
- Anastasia Crystal (P, $22.00) is cooler (95% similar).
- Catrice Champagne Campaign (P, $5.99) is less shimmery, cooler (90% similar).
- Colour Pop Counting Sheep (LE, $8.00) is more shimmery, darker (90% similar).
- Milani Afterglow (P, $10.00) is less shimmery, darker, cooler (90% similar).
- MAC Tutu (LE, $33.00) is darker (90% similar).
- OFRA MarchBeautyWord (LE, $29.00) is more shimmery, cooler (90% similar).
- Bobbi Brown Pink Glow (P, $48.00) is darker, cooler (90% similar).
- Becca Berlin Girl Glow (LE, $38.00) is darker (85% similar).
- Maybelline Nikkie Tutorials (LE, $9.99) is darker (85% similar).
- Natasha Denona Light (PiP, ) is more shimmery, darker (85% similar).
$8.00/0.23 oz. - $34.78 Per Ounce
The powder highlighter is supposed to have a "high-shine" finish with "high colour intensity." In general, ColourPop's pressed highlighter powders have a smooth, moderately dense texture that was soft enough to be picked up easily by a brush but not kick up any powder in the pan. The formula was semi-opaque to opaque but easily sheered out for less shine and coverage if desired. There were a few shades within the range that emphasized my skin's natural texture slightly but most did not. The wear ranged from seven and a half hours to nine hours.
Browse all of our Colour Pop Pressed Powder Highlighter swatches.
Talc, Boron Nitride, Nylon-12, Magnesium Stearate, Synthetic Fluorphlogopite, Zinc Stearate, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Distarch Phosphate, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Hydrolyzed Theobroma Cacao Seed Butter, Phenoxyethanol, Dimethicone, Caprylyl Glycol, Octocrylene, Butyrospermum Parkii (shea) Butter, Ethylhexylglycerin, Hexylene Glycol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Quercetin, Tin Oxide. May Contain: Bismuth Oxychloride (CI 77163), Carmine (CI 75470), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Manganese Violet (CI 77742), Mica (CI 77019), Red 7 Lake (CI 15850), Red 27 Lake (CI 45410), Red 40 Lake (CI 16035), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891).
Prince Charming is a light-medium pink with subtle, warm undertones and a semi-matte finish. It had semi-opaque pigmentation in a single layer with color that applied evenly but had slight depositing into my lip lines, just not enough that it was visible in person (as compared to the close-up photos!). It was supposed to have “medium, buildable” coverage, though.
The texture was lightweight, thin, and spreadable with a gel-like slip–airy, watery but not heavy or thick–that spread the color evenly across my lips. It didn’t seem to highlight my lip texture or lip lines, which I find this type of texture/formula often will. It didn’t dry down much on my arm, but it dried down to a mostly matte finish shortly after applying (within a minute) to my lips. It wore well for four hours and felt neither drying nor hydrating over time.
- Colour Pop Sphynx (P, $7.00) is darker, warmer (95% similar).
- Colour Pop Big Break (P, $7.00) is darker, warmer (95% similar).
- Kat Von D Saint (LE, $20.00) is darker, warmer (90% similar).
- Anastasia Soft Pink (P, $18.00) is darker, warmer (90% similar).
- MAC Love Buddy (LE, $19.50) is warmer (90% similar).
- Make Up For Ever M200 (P, $22.00) is lighter, warmer (90% similar).
- Urban Decay Brat (P, $18.00) is darker, warmer (90% similar).
- NARS Anna (P, $34.00) is darker, warmer, glossier (85% similar).
- Colour Pop Ringleader (LE, $6.00) is darker, warmer (85% similar).
- MAC Sultriness (P, $19.00) is darker, warmer (85% similar).
The formula is supposed to have "medium buildable coverage" that has a "soft, diffused" effect. It's a more amped up take on their Blotted Lips concept or a slightly "washed out" take on their Ultra Matte/Ultra Satin range. The formula is much thinner--almost weightless--and spreads evenly with a single layer. I'd argue that most shades were often closer to semi-opaque rather than medium and buildable--and I used only what was on the doe-foot applicator to apply (without going back for more) for both top and bottom lips.
The consistency was airier, light, thin, and spreadable with a soft dry down that didn't feel like it was wholly locked in (like Ultra Mattes) but had significantly less transfer than a traditional lipstick (or even the Ulta Satins). They were not the most forgiving of lip texture or lip lines, but they were more flattering than most formulas I've tried that are similar in effect and coverage. Some shades had more of a matte finish shortly after application while others had subtle shine that wore down to a matte finish within an hour or less.
Longevity ran anywhere from three to six hours with some shades leaving subtle stains behind, and the formula felt mostly non-drying for me. It had a sweet, vanilla scent but no discernible taste.
Browse all of our Colour Pop Lux Liquid Lip swatches.
Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethicone, Polyglyceryl-2 Triisostearate, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Cyclohexasiloxane, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Dimethiconol, Alumina, Flavor, Triethoxycaprylylsilane. May Contain: Bismuth Oxychloride (CI 77163), Bronze Powder (CI 77400), Blue 1 Lake (CI 42090), Copper Powder (CI 77400), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Manganese Violet (CI 77742), Mica (CI 77019), Red 6 (CI 15850), Red 6 Lake (CI 15850), Red 7 (CI 15850), Red 7 Lake (CI 15850), Red 27 Lake (CI 45410), Red 28 Lake (CI 45410), Red 28 (CI 45410), Red 40 Lake (CI 16035), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Yellow 5 Lake (CI 19140), Yellow 6 Lake (CI 15985).