Colour Pop Underclassman Super Shock Cheek ($8.00 for 0.15 oz.) is a muted, medium orange with warmer undertones and a matte finish. It had opaque pigmentation when applied with a fingertip and more buildable coverage from semi-sheer to mostly opaque when applied with a stippling brush–as described.
The texture felt more clay-like, smooth and velvety to the touch, but it would clearly indent and could be pushed around like clay. The matte finish has less of an emollient or “wet” feel to it compared to more shimmery shades in the same formula, and as a result, I think they tend to apply best in quick motions, one cheek at a time, and as was the case with this shade, lift slightly if I’m not careful, but it does have a smoothing effect (my pores look less noticeable). It wore well for nine and a half hours before fading visibly on my skin.
FURTHER READING: Formula Overview for details on general performance and characteristics (like scent).
- Zoeva Burning Up (P, $11.80) is more shimmery, darker, cooler (95% similar).
- Kosas Helios (Blush) (PiP, ) is more shimmery, lighter, cooler (90% similar).
- Flower Beauty Nectar (P, $9.99) is glossier (90% similar).
- Colour Pop Dash Zero (P, $8.00) is lighter, cooler (90% similar).
- Colour Pop Lunar Has It (P, $7.00) is lighter, warmer (85% similar).
- Kosas Helios (High Intensity) (Blush) (PiP, ) is more shimmery, brighter, glossier (85% similar).
- NARS Get Lost (LE, $30.00) is more shimmery, lighter, glossier (85% similar).
- Colour Pop 2 Cool 4 School (LE, $8.00) is lighter (80% similar).
- Viseart Orange #1 (PiP, ) is lighter, warmer (80% similar).
- Kosas Tropic Equinox (Blush) (PiP, ) is more shimmery, lighter, glossier (80% similar).
$8.00/0.15 oz. - $53.33 Per Ounce
The formula is supposed to have "buildable" coverage and can be applied with fingertips (which will yield "higher coverage") or a brush (for sheerer coverage). It's a cream-based product that has a subtle, "wet" feel to it but never has the thickness of a true cream-based blush. It goes on with the smoothness of a cream formulation but diffuses and blends (without lifting up one's base) more like a powder product. The product sets to a powder finish, so the product won't slide around during the day. On me, the wear tends to be between eight and 10 hours. Most shades have medium, buildable pigmentation with some being semi-opaque to opaque on occasion. They are typically blendable, easy to use, and long-wearing.
Browse all of our Colour Pop Super Shock Cheek swatches.
Synthetic Fluorphlogopite, Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethicone, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Boron Nitride, Octocrylene, Ethylhexyl Salicylate, C30-45 Alkyl Cetearyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Isododecane, Cyclohexasiloxane, Butyl Methoxydibenzoylmethane, Dimethicone/Vinyltrimethylsiloxysilicate Crosspolymer, Diethylhexyl Syringylidenemalonate, Phenoxyethanol, Dimethiconol, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Glycine Soja (Soybean) Oil, Mangifera Indica (Mango) Seed Butter, Propylene Carbonate, Ethylhexylglycerin, Cucumis Sativus (Cucumber) Fruit Extract, Iron Oxides (CI 77491,CI 77492,CI 77499), Mica (CI 77019), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Yellow 6 Lake (CI 15985).