Colour Pop Tuned In Super Shock Cheek ($8.00 for 0.15 oz.) is a brighter, medium-dark fuchsia pink with subtle, cool undertones and a matte finish. The color payoff was buildable from semi-sheer to opaque, and it did so in two to three layers depending on one applied with fingertips or brushes–all in line with how the formula was marketed. The texture was very lightweight, thin and powder-like as soon as it was applied to my skin, but in the pot, it has a smooth, clay-like feel that has no wetness but manages to have a slight glide. I had no trouble patting and blending out the blush with my fingertips, and often, with deeper, matte shades like this, I find that it can be tricky to get an even application, but this was lovely on–matte but not flat or powdery. The color lasted beautifully for 10 hours without fading noticeably on me.
- Colour Pop Coin Purse (LE, $8.00) is lighter (90% similar).
- Anastasia Basically (PiP, ) is more shimmery, darker (90% similar).
- Zoeva PK040 (P, ) is lighter, warmer (90% similar).
- Black Opal Tulip (P, $8.95) is lighter, warmer (90% similar).
- Kevyn Aucoin Grapevine #2 (PiP, ) is more shimmery (90% similar).
- Colour Pop For Shore (P, ) is darker, warmer (90% similar).
- Milani Love Potion (07) (P, $8.99) is darker (90% similar).
- By Terry Tropical Sunset #3 (LE, ) is more shimmery, darker, warmer (90% similar).
- MAC Let's Be Friends (LE, $24.00) is more shimmery, cooler (90% similar).
- MAC Bred for Beauty (LE, ) is darker (90% similar).
$8.00/0.15 oz. - $53.33 Per Ounce
The formula is supposed to have "buildable" coverage and can be applied with fingertips (which will yield "higher coverage") or a brush (for sheerer coverage). It's a cream-based product that has a subtle, "wet" feel to it but never has the thickness of a true cream-based blush. It goes on with the smoothness of a cream formulation but diffuses and blends (without lifting up one's base) more like a powder product. The product sets to a powder finish, so the product won't slide around during the day. On me, the wear tends to be between eight and 10 hours. Most shades have medium, buildable pigmentation with some being semi-opaque to opaque on occasion. They are typically blendable, easy to use, and long-wearing.
Browse all of our Colour Pop Super Shock Cheek swatches.
Synthetic Fluorphlogopite, Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethicone, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Boron Nitride, Octocrylene, Ethylhexyl Salicylate, Alumina, C30-45 Alkyl Cetearyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Isododecane, Cyclohexasiloxane, Butyl Methoxydibenzoylmethane, Dimethicone/Vinyltrimethylsiloxysilicate Crosspolymer, Diethylhexyl Syringylidenemalonate, Phenoxyethanol, Dimethiconol, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Glycine Soja (Soybean) Oil, Mangifera Indica (Mango) Seed Butter, Propylene Carbonate, Ethylhexylglycerin, Cucumis Sativus (Cucumber) Fruit Extract, Mica (CI 77019), Red 6 (CI 15850), Red 7 Lake (CI 15850), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Yellow 5 Lake (CI 19140).