ColourPop No Vacancy Super Shock Cheek ($8.00 for 0.15 oz.) is a medium, pink-coral with soft, warm undertones and a matte finish. The pigmentation was buildable from semi-sheer to opaque, and how quickly one arrived at opaque coverage depended on application–brushes yielded less coverage whereas fingertips delivered more coverage more readily. The blush’s texture was consistent with the formula: clay-like, velvety, and smooth, where the product has a malleability to it but doesn’t actually feel wet to the touch. Subsequently, it really does act and look like a powder blush but blends more easily on my skin than a powder blush (on average), though it wasn’t quite as perfect as many Super Shock Cheeks are (but still very good!). It stayed on nicely for a solid 10 hours on me.
FURTHER READING: Formula Overview for details on general performance and characteristics (like scent).
- KIKO 108 Orange Coral (DC, $12.00) is more shimmery, lighter, warmer (90% similar).
- ColourPop Ex (LE, $5.00) is warmer (90% similar).
- Clinique Peach Pop (02) (P, $21.00) is more shimmery, warmer (90% similar).
- Make Up For Ever B314 (P, $23.00) is more shimmery, warmer (90% similar).
- Chanel Angelique (190) (DC, $45.00) is lighter, warmer (90% similar).
- NYX Apricot (DC, $5.00) is more shimmery, warmer (90% similar).
- ColourPop Soo Mature (LE, $4.50) is more shimmery, lighter, warmer (90% similar).
- Tom Ford Beauty Exotic Flora (Bottom) (LE, ) is more shimmery, darker, warmer (90% similar).
- Flower Beauty Melon (P, $9.99) is darker, warmer, glossier (90% similar).
- Tom Ford Beauty The Afternooner (Blush) (LE, ) is more shimmery, warmer (90% similar).
$8.00/0.15 oz. - $53.33 Per Ounce
The formula is supposed to have "buildable" coverage and can be applied with fingertips (which will yield "higher coverage") or a brush (for sheerer coverage). It's a cream-based product that has a subtle, "wet" feel to it but never has the thickness of a true cream-based blush. It goes on with the smoothness of a cream formulation but diffuses and blends (without lifting up one's base) more like a powder product. The product sets to a powder finish, so the product won't slide around during the day. On me, the wear tends to be between eight and 10 hours. Most shades have medium, buildable pigmentation with some being semi-opaque to opaque on occasion. They are typically blendable, easy to use, and long-wearing.
Browse all of our ColourPop Super Shock Cheek swatches.
Synthetic Fluorphlogopite, Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethicone, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Boron Nitride, Alumina, Octocrylene, Ethylhexyl Salicylate, C30-45 Alkyl Cetearyl Dimethicone, Crosspolymer, Isododecane, Cyclohexasiloxane, Butyl Methoxydibenzoylmethane, Dimethicone/Vinyltrimethylsiloxysilicate, Crosspolymer, Diethylhexyl Syringylidenemalonate, Phenoxyethanol, Dimethiconol, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Glycine Soja (Soybean) Oil, Mangifera Indica (Mango) Seed Butter, Propylene Carbonate, Ethylhexylglycerin, Cucumis Sativus (Cucumber) Fruit, Extract, Mica (CI 77019), Red 6 (CI 15850), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891).
Disclaimer: Ingredient lists are as available by the brand (or retailer) at the time of publishing. Please always check product packaging, if it exists, for the ingredient list applicable to the product you're purchasing, or the brand or retailer's website for the most up-to-date ingredient list.