I Smell Children
ColourPop I Smell Children Lip Duo ($11.00 for 0.155 oz.) is a new, limited edition duo that includes a blue-based red lipstick and coordinating lip pencil.
The two shades were pigmented, longwearing, and left stains behind, though the lipstick was–not unsurprisingly!–the more comfortable of the two to wear on its own. The pencil worked well to achieve greater precision or to prevent feathering/bleeding with the lipstick on top.
LELimited Edition. $11.00.
Mary is a medium-dark red with cooler, blue undertones and a satin finish. It had rich color coverage in a single stroke, which applied evenly and smoothly across my lips without tugging or dragging. The texture was firmer, slightly dense in the tube, so it did require a bit of initial pressure before the color started going on readily.
It wore well for over six hours, left a strong stain behind, and was lightly hydrating over time. I didn’t experience any feathering/bleeding personally with this shade when worn alone but neither are issues I normally have.
FURTHER READING: Formula Overview for details on general performance and characteristics (like scent).
- Laura Mercier Rouge Profond (P, $32.00) is lighter, warmer (95% similar).
- Laura Mercier Rose Rouge (P, $32.00) is lighter (95% similar).
- Smashbox Harley Quinn (LE, $24.00) is warmer (95% similar).
- Bobbi Brown Imperial Red (P, $37.00) is warmer (90% similar).
- Lancome Rubiez (473) (P, $32.00) is darker, warmer (90% similar).
- Hourglass Icon (P, $32.00) is more shimmery, warmer (90% similar).
- MAC Nyma Tang (LE, $21.00) is more shimmery, warmer (90% similar).
- Sephora Offshore (66) (P, $8.00) is glossier (90% similar).
- ColourPop On Display (P, $7.00) is darker, warmer (90% similar).
- Sephora Wicked Smart (02) (P, $13.00) is darker, warmer, glossier (90% similar).
$7.00/0.12 oz. - $58.33 Per Ounce
The formula that is supposed to be a "creamy-matte" that "glides on like butter, doesn't feather or bleed, and lasts so long you'll forget you're even wearing it." The majority of the shades were quite pigmented with full color payoff in a single stroke with a few in the more semi-opaque coverage range.
The texture was, on average, smooth, lightly creamy, and not too thick or too thin, so there was no tugging during application but the color didn't feel slippery while worn, which made them easier to apply straight from the tube and low-maintenance on the lips.
They tend to dry and wear down to a soft matte finish within one to three hours of wear, and while they are very lightweight on, they hug the lips more as they become more matte (compared to initial feel). The wear time has been between four and six hours for most shades, and most shades were non-drying to lightly hydrating. They were vanilla-scented but had no discernible taste.
Browse all of our ColourPop Lux Lipstick swatches.
LELimited Edition. $7.00.
Spinster Ladies is a muted, medium red with cool undertones and a matte finish. It had nearly opaque pigmentation in one pass, which applied evenly to my lips and had enough glide for all-over color as well as the precision (and almost lack of slip) for lining.
It wasn’t the most comfortable color to wear on its own, as it felt a little thin and clingy. The color stayed on well for over six hours, left a bit of a stain behind, and was slightly drying over time.
- MAC Follow Your Heart (LE, $17.50) is warmer (90% similar).
- ColourPop Hot Cakes (LE, $5.00) is lighter, brighter, cooler (90% similar).
- ColourPop Bossy (LE, $5.00) is lighter, cooler (90% similar).
- Bite Beauty #080 (P, $18.00) is more shimmery, darker, warmer (90% similar).
- Urban Decay Wonderland (P, $20.00) is brighter (85% similar).
- Bite Beauty #078 (P, $18.00) is warmer (85% similar).
- ColourPop Come, We Fly (LE, $5.00) is darker, warmer (85% similar).
- Pat McGrath Blood Lust (PiP, $25.00) is lighter, warmer (80% similar).