Go for Bold
Colour Pop Go for Bold Lux Lipstick Kit ($12.00 for 0.155 oz.) is aptly named as it is a richer, deeper set of burgundy hues. The lip liner was a little drier and less pigmented, so it worked better for getting crisp edges or adding a layer of product for the lipstick to grab onto, but it had some unevenness on its own.
The lipstick was fantastic, and it didn’t need a liner underneath it to keep it in place or to help even out the color (often necessary in a creamier texture in this color family). The lipstick was deeper than the lip liner, and layered, the lipstick color dominated.
It’s Faux is a deep burgundy with subtle, cool undertones and a cream finish. It had nearly opaque color coverage in a single layer, which applied evenly and smoothly across my lips comfortably. The consistency was lightweight, creamy without being too slippery, and sat well on my lips. It wore nicely for six hours, left a faint stain behind, and was lightly hydrating over time.
- MAC Jasper (LE, $19.50) is more shimmery, lighter, cooler (90% similar).
- Dior Ultra Poison (883) (P, $37.00) is lighter (90% similar).
- Tarte High Dive (P, $21.00) is warmer (90% similar).
- Tarte Berry Mojito (P, $21.00) is more shimmery, lighter (90% similar).
- MAC Dionysus (DC, $21.00) is more shimmery, warmer, glossier (90% similar).
- Urban Decay White Walker (LE, $18.00) is warmer (90% similar).
- Sephora Goddess (30) (P, $13.00) is lighter, glossier (90% similar).
- Estee Lauder Nude Fatale (P, $32.00) is darker, cooler (90% similar).
- NARS Opulent Red (P, $26.00) is darker, warmer (90% similar).
- Pat McGrath Anarkissed (P, $40.00) is darker, glossier (90% similar).
$7.00/0.12 oz. - $58.33 Per Ounce
The formula that is supposed to be a "creamy-matte" that "glides on like butter, doesn't feather or bleed, and lasts so long you'll forget you're even wearing it." The majority of the shades were quite pigmented with full color payoff in a single stroke with a few in the more semi-opaque coverage range.
The texture was, on average, smooth, lightly creamy, and not too thick or too thin, so there was no tugging during application but the color didn't feel slippery while worn, which made them easier to apply straight from the tube and low-maintenance on the lips.
They tend to dry and wear down to a soft matte finish within one to three hours of wear, and while they are very lightweight on, they hug the lips more as they become more matte (compared to initial feel). The wear time has been between four and six hours for most shades, and most shades were non-drying to lightly hydrating. They were vanilla-scented but had no discernible taste.
Browse all of our Colour Pop Lux Lipstick swatches.
Boarding Pass is a medium-dark, reddened burgundy with subtle, cool undertones and a matte finish. It had semi-opaque pigmentation in a single layer, which applied best and most precisely as a liner along the edge of the lips.
For all-over color, it was a bit uneven and had some built up areas, though when paired with the creamier lip color, the slip from the lipstick compensated for the unevenness of the liner. The consistency was lightly waxy, which helped with glide, but there was light tugging as I applied it all-over. It stayed on well for over six hours on its own and felt a touch drying after five hours of wear.
- Bite Beauty #042 (P, $18.00) is more shimmery, warmer (90% similar).
- MAC Diva (P, $19.50) is darker, warmer (90% similar).
- Urban Decay Disturbed (P, $18.00) is cooler (90% similar).
- Bite Beauty #044 (P, $18.00) is more shimmery, darker, warmer (90% similar).
- Colour Pop LBD (LE, $7.00) is lighter, brighter (90% similar).
- Giorgio Armani Nightberry (201) (P, $38.00) is warmer (85% similar).
- Colour Pop Dukes (P, $5.00) is lighter, warmer (85% similar).
- Colour Pop Goldie (P, $6.00) is lighter, warmer (80% similar).
- Bite Beauty #034 (P, $18.00) is lighter, cooler (80% similar).
- Urban Decay Blackmail (P, $20.00) is darker, cooler (80% similar).