ColourPop Cheerio Super Shock Cheek ($8.00 for 0.15 oz.) is a medium-dark plum with subtle, cool undertones and a satin sheen. It had buildable pigmentation with initial application being more semi-sheer when used with a stippling brush and more semi-opaque when applied with fingertips. The texture was smooth, velvety to the touch, and indented when pressed firmly, more like clay than a true cream blush, though. The more I diffused and blended out the product, the cooler and pinker it appeared on my cheeks. It applied fairly evenly and didn’t take too much effort to spread and soften along the edges. It stayed on well for 10 hours before fading slightly on me.
FURTHER READING: Formula Overview for details on general performance and characteristics (like scent).
- Kevyn Aucoin Neolita (P, $37.00) is darker (95% similar).
- Anastasia Exotic (PiP, ) is less shimmery, more muted, cooler (90% similar).
- NARS Goulue (LE, $30.00) is lighter, more muted (90% similar).
- NARS Premiere (LE, $30.00) is lighter (90% similar).
- Buxom Goa (P, $22.00) is more shimmery, lighter, warmer (90% similar).
- Sleek MakeUP Pomegranate (P, $6.99) is darker, more muted (90% similar).
- Pat McGrath Berry Brilliance (LE, ) is less shimmery (90% similar).
- Make Up For Ever #510 HD Blush (DC, $26.00) is warmer (90% similar).
- NYX Desert Rose (DC, $5.00) is less shimmery, lighter (90% similar).
- Black Up NBL 03 (P, $26.50) is darker, cooler (90% similar).
$8.00/0.15 oz. - $53.33 Per Ounce
The formula is supposed to have "buildable" coverage and can be applied with fingertips (which will yield "higher coverage") or a brush (for sheerer coverage). It's a cream-based product that has a subtle, "wet" feel to it but never has the thickness of a true cream-based blush. It goes on with the smoothness of a cream formulation but diffuses and blends (without lifting up one's base) more like a powder product. The product sets to a powder finish, so the product won't slide around during the day. On me, the wear tends to be between eight and 10 hours. Most shades have medium, buildable pigmentation with some being semi-opaque to opaque on occasion. They are typically blendable, easy to use, and long-wearing.
Browse all of our ColourPop Super Shock Cheek swatches.