Colour Pop Birthday Suit Super Shock Cheek ($8.00 for 0.15 oz.) is a soft pink with subtle, warm undertones and a satin finish. It almost looked matte in the pot, and even swatched, but once applied and blended out, there was a soft, natural finish that was glowing without being overtly shimmery. It had buildable pigmentation from sheer to mostly opaque, and while the sheerness was as expected when working with a brush, it was less pigmented than most Super Shock Cheek shades and would need more building than the average shade as a result. The texture was thin and lightweight, turning to powder as soon as it came into contact with my skin, but in the pot, it had a velvety, clay-like feel that I could indent and manipulate but never felt wet to the touch. The color stayed on well for nine and a half hours on me before fading slightly.
- MAC Modest Blush (LE, $29.00) is less shimmery (90% similar).
- Laura Geller Rosewater (P, $26.00) is less shimmery (95% similar).
- Clinique Pink Pop (P, $21.00) is darker, cooler (90% similar).
- Buxom Havana (P, $22.00) is more shimmery, darker (90% similar).
- Too Faced So Peachy (P, $30.00) is brighter (90% similar).
- MAC Pink Sprinkles (LE, $24.00) is less shimmery (90% similar).
- Dior Miss (047) (P, $44.00) is less shimmery, darker (90% similar).
- Charlotte Tilbury Love Glow (P, $40.00) is more shimmery, warmer (90% similar).
- Chanel Jardin de Chanel (LE, $55.00) is less shimmery (90% similar).
- NARS Hot Pursuit (LE, $30.00) is less shimmery, darker (90% similar).
$8.00/0.15 oz. - $53.33 Per Ounce
The formula is supposed to have "buildable" coverage and can be applied with fingertips (which will yield "higher coverage") or a brush (for sheerer coverage). It's a cream-based product that has a subtle, "wet" feel to it but never has the thickness of a true cream-based blush. It goes on with the smoothness of a cream formulation but diffuses and blends (without lifting up one's base) more like a powder product. The product sets to a powder finish, so the product won't slide around during the day. On me, the wear tends to be between eight and 10 hours. Most shades have medium, buildable pigmentation with some being semi-opaque to opaque on occasion. They are typically blendable, easy to use, and long-wearing.
Browse all of our Colour Pop Super Shock Cheek swatches.