Rosy Gold (30)
Chanel Rosy Gold (30) Highlighting Powder ($58.00 for 0.30 oz.) is a light-medium peach with warm, orange undertones and flecks of gold sparkle and finer, gold pearl. It had a soft, slightly dusty consistency, though the powder itself felt firmer in the pan (but not stiff or difficult to pickup with a brush or to blend out on the skin). The powder applied easily to my cheeks, diffused almost effortlessly along the edges, and did not emphasize my skin’s natural texture, but I could see the sparkles present on the skin, which I know is a matter of preference. This shade wore well for eight hours on me before starting to fade.
Chanel described the powder as “leav[ing] a sheer, radiant finish,” and I’d expect “sheer” to indicate more of a veil of radiance, but I felt, while the shimmer/shine/finish of the powder was radiant, it was not sheer, subtle, or any type of veil of shimmer–it was stronger highlighter (which some will love and others will not).
FURTHER READING: Formula Overview for details on general performance and characteristics (like scent).
- NARS Last Call (LE, $30.00) is more shimmery (90% similar).
- Cover FX Moonlight (P, $34.00) is warmer (90% similar).
- ColourPop On the Cusp (LE, $8.00) is more shimmery (90% similar).
- Kosas Velvet Melon (High Intensity) (Highlighter) (PiP, ) is less shimmery (90% similar).
- ColourPop Taffy (LE, $8.00) is more shimmery (90% similar).
- bareMinerals The Soiree (LE, $26.00) is lighter (90% similar).
- NABLA Cosmetics Privilege (P, $26.00) is more shimmery, lighter, cooler (90% similar).
- Jouer Citrine (PiP, $24.00) is less shimmery, cooler (90% similar).
- Charlotte Tilbury Seductive Beauty (Highlight) (LE, ) is darker, cooler (90% similar).
- MAC Rose Gold FX (LE, $31.00) is darker (90% similar).
$58.00/0.3 oz. - $193.33 Per Ounce
Chanel described the powder as having a “sheer, radiant finish,” and I’d expect “sheer” to indicate more of a veil of radiance–it is not the clearest description. There are noticeable sparkles/micro-glitters in both shades released, so I would consider it suitable for someone who likes sparkle and more intense highlighters. The powders applied, blended, and lasted well on my skin.
Browse all of our Chanel Highlighting Powder swatches.