Pat McGrath Dark Devotion Lip Fetish Sheer Colour Lip Balm ($38.00 for 0.12 oz.) is a medium-dark berry with cool undertones and a natural sheen. It had a lightweight, thinner consistency that was smooth and lightly emollient but not slippery on my lips. It had sheer coverage, which didn’t apply as evenly as I would have liked it to have, as it made areas of my lips look deeper than others. This shade lasted well for four hours, had a bit of a stain left behind, and was moisturizing to wear.
- Suqqu Yoikajitsu (09) (P, $26.50) is less shimmery, warmer (90% similar).
- Givenchy Purple Fiction (07) (P, $34.00) is darker, more pigmented, cooler (85% similar).
- Hourglass Liberator (P, $32.00) is darker (85% similar).
- Givenchy Prune Trendy (327) (P, $36.00) is less shimmery, lighter, cooler (85% similar).
- Tom Ford Beauty Valentina (LE, $36.00) is more shimmery, darker, more pigmented (85% similar).
- Urban Decay Firebird (P, $18.00) is more shimmery, lighter, cooler (85% similar).
- Tarte Popsicle (P, $21.00) is more shimmery, darker, more pigmented (85% similar).
- Tom Ford Beauty Xavier (DC, $36.00) is more shimmery, darker, cooler (85% similar).
- Marc Jacobs Beauty Little Pretty (130) (DC, $30.00) is more shimmery, darker, more pigmented (85% similar).
- Bobbi Brown Brocade (P, $37.00) is more pigmented, cooler (85% similar).
- More dupes -- click to see the full list!
$38.00/0.12 oz. - $316.67 Per Ounce
The new Sheer Colour finish on the Lip Fetish Lip Balm formula is designed to have a "tease of color" with a "lightweight veil of hydration." The balm has a smooth consistency that glided across my lips without tugging but did not feel overly slippery or wet like some balm-like formulations can. I felt like this made it easier to apply them evenly and had them wear decently--anywhere from two to four hours--and I found that a couple of them stained my lips lightly (most notably, Passion Flower looked significantly pinker on my lips, and it also stained my hand pink when I tried swatching it again to verify!). I found the formula to be moderately moisturizing with coverage that ranged from sheer to medium with the deeper shades having more noticeable color and coverage. I didn't detect any scent or taste to these.
Browse all of our Pat McGrath Lip Fetish Sheer Colour Lip Balm swatches.