I Am Cool
Milani I Am Cool Bold Color Statement Matte Lipstick ($6.99 for 0.14 oz.) is a medium purple with soft, warm pink undertones and a cream finish. The color payoff was fantastic with rich, opaque coverage delivered in a single stroke. The consistency was smooth, lightly creamy, and a little denser compared to most shades in the range, which I felt helped the lipstick sit better on my lips as it did not emphasize my lip lines like most of the other shades did. It stayed on nicely for five and a half hours, was neither drying nor hydrating, and left a faint, fuchsia stain behind.
- Dior Superstitious Matte (789) (P, $35.00) is darker (85% similar).
- Anastasia Rage (P, $18.00) is cooler, less glossy (90% similar).
- Anastasia Vintage (P, $20.00) is darker, warmer, less glossy (90% similar).
- Dose of Colors Dark Secret (P, $16.00) is lighter, warmer (90% similar).
- Makeup Geek Grapevine (LE, $12.00) is less glossy (90% similar).
- Too Faced Unicorn (P, $21.00) is less glossy (90% similar).
- MAC Heroine (P, $18.50) is more shimmery, lighter (90% similar).
- Maybelline Vibrant Violet (P, $7.99) is lighter (85% similar).
- Colour Pop Shay Day (LE, $6.50) is darker, warmer, less glossy (85% similar).
- Kat Von D L.U.V. (P, $20.00) is brighter, warmer, less glossy (85% similar).
- More dupes -- click to see the full list!
$6.99/0.14 oz. - $49.93 Per Ounce
The formula is supposed to be "bold, hydrating color" with "intense color in just one swipe." The finish is more of a "soft matte" to true satin (a little more sheen than "soft matte" to my eye), and the finish will wear down to a more matte finish within an hour or two of wear (or faster if one blots). The texture felt lightweight, thinner on my lips but felt lightly creamy with more of a velvety slip as I glided the product across my lips. It didn't tug, but the product had good hold and wore between four and seven hours on me, depending on the shade.
In my experience, the more velvety slip seems to result in the color pulling away a bit more along my lip lines and can be more prone to accentuating any imperfections of my lips (texture, flakiness, and so forth). A few shades were on the drying side, while most were non-drying. The majority of the range was pigmented with payoff typically ranging between semi-opaque and opaque. The formula has a sweet, vanilla scent but no discernible taste to me.
Browse all of our Milani Bold Color Statement Matte Lipstick swatches.
Hydrogenated Polydecene, Octyldodecanol, Microcrystalline Wax (Cera Microcristallina), Isononyl Isononanoate, Dicalcium Phosphate, Polyethylene, Bis-Diglyceryl Polyacyladipate-2, Euphorbia Cerifera Wax (Candelilla Cera), Silica, Mica, Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Oil (Cocos Nucifera Oil), Ethyl Vanillin, Lauroyl Lysine, Gardenia Taitensis Flower, Tocopherol. (+/-) MAY CONTAIN/…: Red 6 (CI 15850), Red 7 Lake (CI 15850), Yellow 5 Lake (CI 19140), Blue 1 Lake (CI 42090), Red 22 Lake (CI 45380), Red 28 Lake (CI 45410), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891).