Bite Beauty Mauvember 2016 Amuse Bouche Lipstick ($26.00 for 0.15 oz.) is a muted, medium-dark pinky plum with cooler undertones and a satin finish.
It’s a limited edition shade, where 100% of the proceeds of sales go toward men’s health. It appears to have sold out online, but it is supposed to be available in-stores in Canada (seems like online only for U.S., unsure whether they will restock or not). They released a shade like it last year (see review) in the Luminous Creme formula, which was cooler and purpler overall, whereas this year’s shade is a bit warmer in comparison (and is of the Amuse Bouche formula). The consistency was firm without being stiff, lightly creamy, and sat fairly well on the lips. It had excellent, full color coverage that lasted for six hours. I found the formula lightly hydrating overall.
FURTHER READING: Formula Overview for details on general performance and characteristics (like scent).
- Obsessive Compulsive Cosmetics Lydia (DC, $18.00) is lighter (90% similar).
- Urban Decay Rapture (P, $18.00) is less glossy (90% similar).
- Bite Beauty Eggplant (DC, $26.00) is darker, brighter (85% similar).
- Colour Pop Bad Habit (P, $6.50) is brighter (85% similar).
- Bite Beauty Mauvember (DC, $24.00) is lighter, cooler (90% similar).
- Maybelline Mauve It (DC, $7.49) (80% similar).
- Bite Beauty Mauvember 2017 (LE, $24.00) is lighter, warmer (85% similar).
- Bobbi Brown Uber Rose (P, $37.00) is warmer (80% similar).
- Colour Pop Afterglow (LE, $7.00) is lighter, warmer (80% similar).
- Bite Beauty Mauvember 2017 (DC, $24.00) is warmer, glossier (80% similar).
$26.00/0.15 oz. - $173.33 Per Ounce
Bite Beauty Amuse Bouche Lipstick ($26.00 for 0.15 oz.) is supposed to have “bold, creamy color” with “extreme moisture, soft texture, and creamy wear.” The majority of the range is very pigmented–typically opaque with one pass–with a few shades being semi-opaque but usually buildable.
The consistency is very lightly creamy to lightly creamy with some shades requiring light-medium pressure and can pull the lip a bit when gliding it across the lips, though the color doesn’t appear ragged and the bullet itself doesn’t feel stiff (while other shades applied without tugging, so check individual shade reviews!) The majority of the shades I’ve tested have been lightly hydrating to non-drying and fairly comfortable to wear for the long-haul. They have a herbal, lemony scent but no discernible taste. They wear longer than average, from four to eight hours, depending on the intensity and propensity of the shade to stain.
Browse all of our Bite Beauty Amuse Bouche Lipstick swatches.