Anastasia Dazed Liquid Lipstick ($20.00 for 0.11 fl. oz.) is a muted, medium-dark red with warm, brown undertones and a matte finish. It was intensely pigmented and yielded opaque coverage in a single layer. The consistency was smooth, thin but not watery, and easy to spread across the lips for even application. It dried down to a totally matte, transfer-proof finish quickly but not so quickly that you had to work fast to apply it. The liquid lipstick wore nicely for almost eight hours and started to feel drying after five hours of wear.
The Liquid Lipstick is supposed to be an “ultra-saturated” formula that gives opaque coverage in “one swipe” that “stays put for hours.” I think the formula has improved over time, as some of the initial shades I tried were more problematic, but a lot of the newer shades have applied more evenly, been more opaque, and haven’t been quite as drying. The majority of shades are semi-opaque to opaque in a single layer, dry down evenly, and stay on for at least six hours, if not well beyond eight hours. I personally find most shades to be lightly to moderately drying over time.
- ColourPop Little Star (LE, $6.50) is more muted (95% similar).
- Bite Beauty Chai (P, $28.00) is more muted (95% similar).
- Anastasia Stevie (P, $18.00) is lighter, warmer (90% similar).
- KVD Beauty Cathedral (P, $19.00) is lighter, warmer (90% similar).
- ColourPop Softii (LE, $6.50) is lighter (95% similar).
- Clinique Embrace Me (24) (P, $19.50) is more shimmery, glossier (90% similar).
- MAC Rajah (LE, $20.00) is lighter, cooler, glossier (85% similar).
- Makeup by Mario Daniela (P, $24.00) is more muted (90% similar).
- Bite Beauty Extra Sugar Buns (P, $28.00) is lighter (90% similar).
- Tarte Killin' It (P, $20.00) is darker, cooler (90% similar).
ISODODECANE, TRIMETHYLSILOXYSILICATE, BORON NITRIDE, NYLON-12, OZOKERITE, MINERAL OIL/PARAFFINUM LIQUIDUM/HUILE MINERALE, DISTEARDIMONIUM HECTORITE, BUTYLENE/ETHYLENE/STYRENE COPOLYMER, ETHYLENE/PROPYLENE/STYRENE COPOLYMER, ISOHEXADECANE, PHENOXYETHANOL, PROPYLENE CARBONATE, SODIUM HYALURONATE, SODIUM MAGNESIUM SILVER PHOSPHATE, TOCOPHERYL ACETATE, TRIPEPTIDE-1, XANTHAN GUM, MAY CONTAIN/PEUT CONTENIR (+/-): RED 7 LAKE (CI 15850), RED 6 (CI 15850), YELLOW 5 LAKE (CI 19140), RED 22 LAKE (CI 45380), RED 27 LAKE (CI 45410), IRON OXIDES (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), TITANIUM DIOXIDE (CI 77891)
Disclaimer: Ingredient lists are as available by the brand (or retailer) at the time of publishing. Please always check product packaging, if it exists, for the ingredient list applicable to the product you're purchasing, or the brand or retailer's website for the most up-to-date ingredient list.
Anastasia Currant Liquid Lipstick ($20.00 for 0.11 fl. oz.) is a muted, medium-dark red with subtle, cool undertones and a matte finish. It had rich, opaque pigmentation that applied beautifully to the lips with even, smooth coverage. The liquid lipstick felt smooth, thin enough not to feel heavy or pool on the lips, but thick enough that it spread without sheering out or becoming streaky. The formula felt drying after six hours of wear, though the color was still going strong after eight hours of wear.
- NARS Infatuated Red (P, $27.00) is darker, warmer (80% similar).
- bareMinerals Naughty (P, $18.00) is darker (90% similar).
- NARS Consuming Red (P, $27.00) is darker, warmer (90% similar).
- MAC Viva Glam I (P, $19.00) is darker, warmer, glossier (90% similar).
- MAC Candy Cane (LE, $19.00) is brighter, cooler (85% similar).
- Smashbox Unzipped (P, $21.00) is darker, brighter, cooler (85% similar).
- Chanel Experimente (154) (P, $40.00) is darker, glossier (90% similar).
- Urban Decay Crimson (P, $18.00) is brighter (85% similar).
- NARS Rouge Improbable (LE, $28.00) is darker (85% similar).
- MAC Chateau M (LE, $21.00) is brighter, cooler (85% similar).