What Shady Beaches
Wet ‘n’ Wild What Shady Beaches Color Icon Bronzer ($4.99 for 0.38 oz.) is a medium-dark, coppery brown with warm, orange undertones and a satin finish. It had good color payoff in a single layer, which was buildable to full coverage with less than half of a layer more. The texture was denser, though smooth and definitely in that “gel-powder” family–almost like a cream but still velvety and more powder-like when the product was applied to skin. I would recommend using a denser brush, though, as more feathery brushes did not pick up product as well. The bronzer adhered evenly to my cheeks and blended out nicely. It wore well for eight and a half hours on me before fading a bit.
- Clinique Sunkissed Pop (LE, ) is more shimmery, lighter (95% similar).
- Tarte Solo (-, ) is more shimmery, lighter, warmer (95% similar).
- Wet 'n' Wild Queen's Land (LE, $4.99) is lighter, warmer (95% similar).
- Tarte Peppermint Mocha (LE, ) is less shimmery, darker, warmer (95% similar).
- Tom Ford Beauty Terra (P, $110.00) is darker (90% similar).
- Physicians Formula Sunkissed Bronzer (P, $14.99) is more shimmery, lighter (90% similar).
- MAC Delphic (LE, $34.00) is more shimmery, warmer (90% similar).
- MAC Golden (LE, $28.00) is darker (90% similar).
- Fenty Beauty Shady Biz (P, $30.00) is less shimmery, darker, warmer (90% similar).
- Too Faced Sunny Honey (PiP, ) is less shimmery (90% similar).
$4.99/0.38 oz. - $13.13 Per Ounce
The formula was more like a cream-powder hybrid, as the powder had a lot of slip and felt very smooth to the touch without being powdery, and it was on the denser side. It applied best with a circular, small-to-medium buffer brush or an otherwise moderately dense brush as it picked up product more evenly and dispersed it well. The product had medium to opaque coverage, depending on the shade, but they were buildable if they were not opaque in one layer. They blended out fairly well, but they can be tricky to blend over damp foundation--they seemed more reactive to residual moisture/oiliness on the skin compared to the average powder bronzer. I'd recommend lightly dusting translucent powder over your complexion products if they do not dry down to a semi-matte or matte finish.
Browse all of our Wet 'n' Wild Color Icon Bronzer swatches.
Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Boron Nitride, Microcrystalline Cellulose, Silica, Magnesium Myristate, Vinyl Dimethicone/Methicone Silsesquioxane Crosspolymer, Dimethicone, Synthetic Fluorphlogopite, Lauroyl Lysine, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Phenoxyethanol, Caprylyl Glycol, Ethylhexylglycerin, Hexylene Glycol, Water/Eau, o-Cymen-5-ol, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Tin Oxide, Iron Oxides/CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499, Mica, Titanium Dioxide/CI 77891.