Urban Decay Text 'Em Vice Lip Bond Review & Swatches
Urban Decay Text ‘Em Vice Lip Bond Glossy Liquid Lipstick ($25.00 for 0.2 oz.) is a light-medium, pink-leaning coral with moderate, warm undertones and a shiny, satin-like finish. It was wetter-looking than a true satin finish, but the creaminess and soft sheen gave me satin vibes more than any other finish for a lipstick.
- Opaque coverage in one layer
- Lightweight, thinner initially, then slightly clingy but not uncomfortable
- Moderately tacky after set but did not lift up color
- Transfer-resistant, even after eating/drinking
- Extremely long-wearing (12-14 hours of very good wear, product remained as fading until removal at 16 hours)
FURTHER READING: Formula Overview for details on general performance and characteristics (like scent).
- Maybelline Charmed (P, $12.99) is darker (95% similar).
- Estee Lauder Wicked Wish (P, $32.00) is more shimmery, darker, warmer (90% similar).
- Sephora Strong as Helle (27) (P, $13.00) is darker, warmer (90% similar).
- Rose Inc Besotted (P, $28.00) is lighter, cooler (90% similar).
- Shiseido Coral Pop (217) (P, $26.00) is darker, warmer (90% similar).
- Lancome Si Seulement (238) (P, $32.00) is warmer (90% similar).
- Chanel Beige Imperieux (814) (P, $55.00) is darker, warmer (90% similar).
- L'Oreal Luminous Coral (P, $9.99) is more shimmery, darker, warmer (90% similar).
- MAC King Salmon (DC, $21.00) is darker (85% similar).
- Tom Ford Beauty Dorothy (LE, $36.00) is darker, warmer (85% similar).
$25.00/0.2 oz. - $125.00 Per Ounce
The formula is supposed to have "intense color and instant'shine" in a single layer, while still being "comfortable to wear" and moisturizing. The brand also claims that it will wear for 16 hours, be transfer-proof and resistant to both water and food. The brand says to shake the tube prior to application.
I'm happy to report that the formula actually lived up to its claims! It was incredibly long-wearing where 16-hour wear was absolutely within possibilities, though I'd say that two greasier meals did start to break it down more noticeably (so around 12-14 hours, depending on eating schedules). It was food and water resistant; I didn't see any marks left on my glasses while drinking my morning lattes or water throughout the day. After a meal, it had almost no transfer and was very much intact on my lips except for the very inner area after an oil-heavy (pesto!) lunch.
They had rich color coverage that applied evenly, was fairly forgiving and not prone to settling noticeably into my lip lines. The liquid lipstick felt lighter and was thinner initially, but it set to a slightly clingy, more satin-like sheen after about 30 seconds. I noticed that it felt less clingy after about two hours and was very comfortable to wear. It didn't seem to dry out my lips at all after wearing the product for multiple days in a row.
It seemed unscented and had no discernible taste.
Browse all of our Urban Decay Vice Lip Bond Glossy Liquid Lipstick swatches.
isododecane, dimethicone, trimethylsiloxysilicatepolymethylsilsesquioxane/trimethylsiloxysilicate, polypropylsilsesquioxanec30-45 alkyldimethylsilyl polypropylsilsesquioxanetrimethylsiloxyphenyl dimethicone, ci 77891 / titanium dioxide, trimethyl pentaphenyl trisiloxane, bis-stearyl dimethicone, dimethiconol, ci 77491 / iron oxides, trihydroxystearin, phenoxyethanol, ci 15850 / red 7, ci 77499 / iron oxides, ethylhexylglycerin, triethoxycaprylylsilane, alumina, silicahelianthus annuus seed oil / sunflower seed oil, tocopherol.
Disclaimer: Ingredient lists are as available by the brand (or retailer) at the time of publishing. Please always check product packaging, if it exists, for the ingredient list applicable to the product you're purchasing, or the brand or retailer's website for the most up-to-date ingredient list.
Comments on this post are closed.
Looks nice on your lips!
Even though these lighter pinky corals can go very wrong against my complexion, I’m probably going to chance it with this one because it is such a beautiful lip color!
Looks nice and glossy comfortable. Glad it lasted well. I’m interested in picking up a few shades.
This is UD at their best – an excellent glossy lip product that looks quite creamy on your lips and a popular shade.
Love, love! Add to cart.
I’m very impressed with the A+ rating I’ll be checking these out in person for sure.
Now that’s a Wow! I think I could rock that as a daily color. Very nice on you Christine!
Oops, missed that I had already commented. But it merited a recommend because it is a nice color.