Urban Decay Devilish Vice Lipstick ($18.00 for 0.11 oz.) is a brighter, medium pink with moderate, warm u ndertones and a mix of cooler and warmer pearl and larger sparkle. It had a Metallized finish, but it was only medium in coverage with more of a tinted base that brought out the natural pink tones in my lips and deepened them. The texture was lightweight with moderate slip and a touch of tackiness, and while it wasn’t too thin, I could feel the texture of the sparkles in it as I applied and to a moderate degree while worn (which may be a deal-breaker for some). It wore well for four hours and was lightly hydrating while worn.
- MAC A Wink of Pink (LE, $18.50) is less shimmery, lighter (85% similar).
- Estee Lauder Pink Parfait (P, $32.00) is lighter, cooler (85% similar).
- Wet 'n' Wild Dark Pink Frost (P, $0.99) is less shimmery, lighter, cooler (85% similar).
- Tom Ford Beauty Venus Rising (05) (LE, $53.00) is lighter, cooler, less glossy (85% similar).
- Milani Cinemattic Kiss (04) (LE, $8.99) is less shimmery, cooler, less glossy (85% similar).
- MAC Skew (P, $18.50) is less shimmery, lighter (85% similar).
- Wet 'n' Wild Pink Ice (P, $0.99) is less shimmery, lighter, cooler (85% similar).
- Pat McGrath Nude Romantique (P, $38.00) is less shimmery, lighter (85% similar).
- Chanel Rose Clair (P, $37.00) is less shimmery, cooler (85% similar).
- Estee Lauder Candy (P, $32.00) is less shimmery, lighter, brighter (80% similar).
- More dupes -- click to see the full list!
$18.00/0.11 oz. - $163.64 Per Ounce
Urban Decay Vice Lipstick ($17.00 for 0.11 oz.) is available in six finishes, which are primarily distinguished by level of sheen, shimmer content, and coverage. I didn't notice any scent or taste. Mega Mattes are the thinnest and have the most “cling” as they are drier and more matte (but most are semi-matte and not a totally flat matte) and can be drying, though they are longer-wearing.
Comfort Mattes are creamier, a little denser, with richer color payoff on average (they are the most pigmented out of the finishes), and have a satin finish that is fairly comfortable to wear, usually lightly hydrating, and longer-wearing.
Creams are usually softer and creamier, though not too soft (they don’t mush or break from the base easily), with some being tackier and stiffer in the tube until they warm up against the lips; they have good color payoff, are hydrating, and are comfortable to wear but have more typical wear (four to six hours–six hours for deeper/richer shades like a red).
Sheers and Sheer Shimmers have a more balm-like consistency that feels a little thinner but is wetter/more emollient than Mega Mattes, so ultimately, they feel quite different applied; they have sheerer coverage, though more semi-sheer to semi-opaque than very sheer, and have the shortest wear time at two to fours with light hydration.
Metallized is the most shimmery of the finishes, though some of the other finishes have shades that are actually as shimmery (to me), but the Metallized formula has a thinner, more emollient base that isn’t as dense or as cream-like as the Creams; they feel more like the Sheers but a bit heavier and more pigmented (but seem to run semi-opaque to opaque, not always fully opaque) with average wear (four to five hours), light hydration.
Browse all of our Urban Decay Vice Lipstick swatches.