Urban Decay Outspoken Vice Lipstick ($18.00 for 0.11 oz.) is a brighter, medium plum with warm undertones and a metallic finish. It had opaque color payoff in a single layer that applied evenly and smoothly across my lips without skipping. The lipstick had faint micro-sparkle, which I could feel when I initially applied it, though I would not say it was rough or gritty. Otherwise, it had enough slip to be comfortable to wear but still adhere well to my lips. It wore well for five hours and was lightly hydrating over time.
100% of the purchase price of this lipstick is donated to “women’s empowerment nonprofits selected by The Ultraviolet Edge, Urban Decay’s global initiative to empower women.” You can learn more about Urban Decay’s initiative here, including more on the organizations that receive funding.
- Urban Decay Fast Talk (PiP, $18.00) is less shimmery, cooler, less glossy (85% similar).
- Tom Ford Beauty Alexis (LE, $36.00) is darker (90% similar).
- Too Faced Wham (P, $22.00) is brighter (90% similar).
- Ciate Infamous (P, $19.00) is less shimmery, lighter (90% similar).
- Estee Lauder Hot Kiss (P, $32.00) is warmer (90% similar).
- Tom Ford Beauty Kyra (LE, $36.00) is less shimmery, darker, warmer (90% similar).
- Tom Ford Beauty Ryan (P, $36.00) is darker (90% similar).
- Tom Ford Beauty Snowdon (P, $36.00) is lighter, warmer (85% similar).
- Tom Ford Beauty Daniel (DC, $36.00) is lighter, warmer (85% similar).
- MAC Party Line (P, $18.50) is less shimmery (85% similar).
- More dupes -- click to see the full list!
$18.00/0.11 oz. - $163.64 Per Ounce
Urban Decay Vice Lipstick ($17.00 for 0.11 oz.) is available in six finishes, which are primarily distinguished by level of sheen, shimmer content, and coverage. I didn't notice any scent or taste. Mega Mattes are the thinnest and have the most “cling” as they are drier and more matte (but most are semi-matte and not a totally flat matte) and can be drying, though they are longer-wearing.
Comfort Mattes are creamier, a little denser, with richer color payoff on average (they are the most pigmented out of the finishes), and have a satin finish that is fairly comfortable to wear, usually lightly hydrating, and longer-wearing.
Creams are usually softer and creamier, though not too soft (they don’t mush or break from the base easily), with some being tackier and stiffer in the tube until they warm up against the lips; they have good color payoff, are hydrating, and are comfortable to wear but have more typical wear (four to six hours–six hours for deeper/richer shades like a red).
Sheers and Sheer Shimmers have a more balm-like consistency that feels a little thinner but is wetter/more emollient than Mega Mattes, so ultimately, they feel quite different applied; they have sheerer coverage, though more semi-sheer to semi-opaque than very sheer, and have the shortest wear time at two to fours with light hydration.
Metallized is the most shimmery of the finishes, though some of the other finishes have shades that are actually as shimmery (to me), but the Metallized formula has a thinner, more emollient base that isn’t as dense or as cream-like as the Creams; they feel more like the Sheers but a bit heavier and more pigmented (but seem to run semi-opaque to opaque, not always fully opaque) with average wear (four to five hours), light hydration.
Browse all of our Urban Decay Vice Lipstick swatches.