UOMA Beauty Barbados Black Magic Face & Body Bronzing Highlighter ($35.00 for 0.65 oz.) is a rich, deeper copper with strong, warm brown undertones and lighter, brighter gold shimmer throughout. It had a more metallic sheen that could be built up from a finer, more sheen-like finish to an intense, true metallic finish.
The texture was lightly creamy to the touch, dense and a thicker formula, so there was no powderiness or excess that got kicked up in the pan but did require a more moderately-dense brush and/or moderate hand (with respect to pressure) to pick up an even amount of product for higher coverage application. This also meant that it was easy to pick up less product to build up coverage. It applied evenly, blended out nicely, and didn’t emphasize my skin’s natural texture. It wore well for nine hours before fading visibly.
FURTHER READING: Formula Overview for details on general performance and characteristics (like scent).
- Huda Beauty Aruba (PiP, ) is less shimmery, lighter, cooler (95% similar).
- Huda Beauty Rich #4 (PiP, ) is more shimmery (95% similar).
- Dose of Colors Chasing the Sun (LE, $28.00) is lighter, warmer (95% similar).
- Sydney Grace Picture Perfect (P, $9.00) is more shimmery, darker (95% similar).
- Makeup by Mario Bronze (P, $28.00) is less shimmery, lighter (90% similar).
- Make Up For Ever 12 Copper (P, $21.00) is more shimmery, lighter, warmer (90% similar).
- bareMinerals Fierce (P, $29.00) is more shimmery, lighter (90% similar).
- JD Glow Gabrielle (P, $16.50) is lighter, warmer (90% similar).
- Sydney Grace Bronzed Radiance (P, $8.00) is more shimmery, lighter (90% similar).
- Fenty Beauty Mo' Hunny (PiP, $36.00) is more shimmery, lighter (90% similar).
$35.00/0.65 oz. - $53.85 Per Ounce
The formula is described as "intensely pigmented" highlighter that is "super-soft and creamy" that "melts" for a "luscious lit from within glow" paired with "coconut fragrance." The brand's description was quite accurate; the formula was denser, almost thick, more cream-like and worked better with moderately-dense brushes to pick up product.
It was the kind of texture that had extremely high coverage when applied with a fingertip but was dense and thick enough to be more controllable with a brush as it needed more moderate pressure to pick up an even layer of product. It was still opaque in a single layer, but I could use a lighter hand (very easily) to get more buildable coverage with a brush. The powder applied evenly and blended out nicely on my skin, while the glow left behind was moderate to intense but didn't emphasize my skin's natural texture.
Both shades lasted for almost nine hours on me before showing signs of fading. Worth noting, they are oversized and coconut-scented (slightly noticeable on for the first hour or so).
Browse all of our UOMA Beauty Black Magic Face & Body Bronzing Highlighter swatches.
Synthetic Fluorphlogopite, Dimethicone, Talc, Zinc Stearate, Octyldodecyl Stearoyl Stearate, Diisostearyl Malate, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Polymethylsilsesquioxane, Fragrance, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Caprylyl Glycol, Phenoxyethanol, Hexylene Glycol, Benzyl Alcohol, Limonene, Benzyl Benzoate, Linalool. May Contain: Iron Oxides (CI 77491), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891).
Disclaimer: Ingredient lists are as available by the brand (or retailer) at the time of publishing. Please always check product packaging, if it exists, for the ingredient list applicable to the product you're purchasing, or the brand or retailer's website for the most up-to-date ingredient list.