Too Faced Angel Tears La Crème Mystical Effects Lipstick ($22.00 for 0.11 oz.) is a light, pinky-peach with fine gold and lavender pearl and a touch of larger sparkle. It had semi-sheer pigmentation that applied somewhat evenly, but the bits of sparkle tended to bunch up sometimes on any imperfections I had on my lips. I didn’t notice this one staining, and it only lasted for two hours on me, but it was hydrating.
- NARS Little Princess (P, $26.00) is less shimmery, darker (90% similar).
- MAC Tease Maker (LE, $19.50) is darker, less glossy (90% similar).
- Urban Decay Tower 1 (LE, $18.00) is darker, less pigmented, warmer (85% similar).
- MAC Gold Star (LE, $20.00) is less shimmery, darker (85% similar).
- MAC Siren Song (LE, $19.50) is more pigmented, warmer (85% similar).
- Obsessive Compulsive Cosmetics Hollywood (DC, $18.00) is warmer (85% similar).
- NARS Double Orgasm (LE, ) is less shimmery, darker, cooler (85% similar).
- MAC Pet Me Please (LE, $19.50) is more shimmery, more pigmented, less glossy (85% similar).
- Marc Jacobs Beauty Sugar Sugar (LE, $30.00) is less shimmery, darker, cooler (85% similar).
- Obsessive Compulsive Cosmetics Pleasure Model (DC, $18.00) is less shimmery (85% similar).
$22.00/0.11 oz. - $200.00 Per Ounce
The formula is supposed to have "shade-shifting technology that changes the color depending on the body temperature," which was code for "turns lips fuchsia" on me for two of the shades (the other two did not seem to cause major color changes on me). It is a "one-swipe formula," which is not a term I'm familiar with as it lacked any indication about pigmentation or luminosity for what... one-swipe is supposed to achieve. Nevertheless, Too Faced has "swatches" on models of the new shades, and they certainly made them appear opaque/pigmented... which they were not. They were more medium coverage with a chunkier, glittery texture that wasn't rough but was textured that, for some, it may be too noticeable. They were pretty from afar but did not apply overly well. The wear time varied between the shades with lighter, less staining ones at two to three hours and the more staining ones to three to four hours. The formula had a sweet, lemony scent but no discernible taste.
Browse all of our Too Faced La Crème Mystical Effects Lipstick swatches.
Polybutene, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil/Simmondsia Chinensis Seed Oil, Diisostearyl Malate, Polyethylene, Punica Granatum Sterols, Synthetic Fluorphlogopite, C12-15 Alkyl Lactate, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Tridecyl Trimellitate, Triisostearyl Citrate, Isostearyl Hydroxystearate, Silica, Euphorbia Cerifera (Candelilla) Wax/Euphorbia Cerifera Cera, Trimethylolpropane Triisostearate, Isostearyl Isostearate, Hydrogenated Polydicyclopentadiene, Fragrance, Caprylyl Glycol, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Nelumbo Nucifera Flower Extract, Palmitoyl Tripeptide-1, Phenoxyethanol, Sorbitan Isostearate, Tin Oxide, Tribehenin, Yellow 5 Lake (Ci 19140), Blue 1 Lake (Ci 42090), Red 27 (Ci 45410), Iron Oxides (Ci 77491), Titanium Dioxide (Ci 77891).
Too Faced Angel Tears Magic Crystal Lip Topper ($19.00 for 0.10 oz.) is a light, warm beige base with fine, peach-to-pink shifting pearl. It had sheer coverage with moderate shimmer with a lightly glossy finish (not what I’d call “super-gloss,” though). While it was rather light in color, it did not settle too badly into my lip lines. It lasted for two hours and was lightly hydrating. This shade did not seem to do much in the way of transforming other lip colors, though.
- MAC MamaStarrr Kiss (LE, $17.50) is less pigmented (90% similar).
- MAC Anti-Reality (LE, $22.00) is more shimmery (90% similar).
- MAC Under the Sheets (LE, $17.50) is more shimmery (90% similar).
- MAC Saint No Angel (LE, $17.50) is more shimmery (90% similar).
- Colour Pop New Day (LE, $6.00) is darker (90% similar).
- MAC Dreamlover (LE, $18.50) is darker, more muted, cooler (90% similar).
- MAC Happiness (LE, $22.00) is less shimmery, darker (85% similar).
- Pat McGrath Love Potion (P, $30.00) is glossier (85% similar).
- MAC Scarcely Seen (LE, $17.50) is more shimmery, darker, warmer (85% similar).
- MAC Girl on Board (LE, $17.50) is warmer (85% similar).
$19.00/0.1 oz. - $190.00 Per Ounce
The gloss formula was described as "super-glossy" and "non-sticky" that can be worn "on top of your favorite lipstick" or "alone for a pretty prismatic effect." It felt smooth, lightweight, and wasn't tacky, but it was a thinner gloss and did not have a plush, ultra-glossy finish. The wear time was dismal (two to three hours), though it was comfortable to wear and lightly to moderately hydrating over time. I could barely detect a sweet scent to it and no discernible taste. The pigmentation varied from shade to shade, but they were all very sheer, and sheerness was certainly expected based on the descriptoin of the product.
Browse all of our Too Faced Magic Crystal Lip Topper swatches.
Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Hydrogenated Polydecene, Ethylene/Propylene/Styrene Copolymer, Silica, Butylene/Ethylene/Styrene Copolymer, Microcrystalline Wax/Cera Microcristallina, Calcium Sodium Borosilicate, Mica, Bis-Diglyceryl Polyacyladipate-2, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, BHT, Fragrance, Pentaerythrityl Tetraisostearate, Tin Oxide, Carmine (Ci 75470), Blue 1 Lake (Ci 42090), Titanium Dioxide (Ci 77891).