Tom Ford Young Adonis Cream & Powder Eye Color ($62.00 for 0.31 oz.) includes a glittery, powder eyeshadow in the top portion of the duo and then a cream eyeshadow housed in the bottom portion of the duo. The cream eyeshadow is supposed to be “ultra-pigmented” while the powder eyeshadow is supposed to “intensify eyes with alluring shimmer.” For those familiar with Tom Ford, the cream eyeshadow is the Cream Color for Eyes formula, which I’ve found to be pigmented, easy to use, and long-wearing, while the powder eyeshadow is comparable to the glittery eyeshadow often included in the brand’s eyeshadow quads, which tend to be sparkly/glittery with sheerer base coverage and can have minimal to some fallout. I wish the powder eyeshadow’s actual color was more different compared to the cream eyeshadow, as it would have made it a more versatile duo to me.
Look Using this Product
LELimited Edition. $65.00.
Young Adonis (Eye Color)
Young Adonis (Eye Color) is a soft, light brown with warm undertones and silvery glitter. It had semi-sheer coverage, which improved to semi-opaque coverage if applied with a damp brush. The texture was rather firm in the pan, which made picking up product a little more difficult. The eyeshadow blended out without issue, though, and I had minimal fallout over an eight-hour wear time. Patted on top of the cream eyeshadow, it added noticeable sparkle and lightened the color slightly.
- Dior Rivage #4 (LE, ) is warmer (95% similar).
- Anastasia 10K (P, $12.00) is less shimmery (90% similar).
- MAC White Haute (Fairy Land) (LE, $20.00) is darker (95% similar).
- Sleek MakeUP Meet in Madrid (LE, $9.99) is darker (90% similar).
- Chanel Empreinte du Desert #2 (LE, ) is more shimmery, brighter (90% similar).
- Too Faced Nutmeg (LE, $16.00) is darker (90% similar).
- Tom Ford Beauty Iris Bronze #2 (LE, ) (90% similar).
- Anastasia Primavera (PiP, $12.00) is warmer (90% similar).
- Urban Decay Space Cowboy (DC, $20.00) is darker, warmer (90% similar).
- Tom Ford Beauty Naked Bronze (Eye Color) (LE, ) is darker, warmer (90% similar).
Look Using this Product
Platinum is a deep taupe brown with warm undertones and a metallic sheen. Though it is not officially listed as such, as far as I could tell by comparing the two, this shade is the same as prior releases of Platinum. The only difference I noted at all was that the one included in the duo seemed ever-so-slightly sparkly, but it was such a minute difference that it could have easily been a batch or application difference. It was nicely pigmented, blendable, and long-wearing–over ten hours–and worked well as a sheer wash or as an all-over, opaque lid color.
FURTHER READING: Formula Overview for details on general performance and characteristics (like scent).
- MAC Force of Nature #1 (LE, $21.00) is less glossy (90% similar).
- Sleek MakeUP Paradise on Earth (PiP, $9.99) is lighter (95% similar).
- Tom Ford Beauty Suspicion #4 (PiP, ) is less shimmery (90% similar).
- Buxom Mink Magnet (P, $12.00) is less shimmery (90% similar).
- LORAC Mocha (PiP, $19.00) is warmer (90% similar).
- Le Metier de Beaute Champagne Shimmer (P, $28.00) is lighter (90% similar).
- MAC Snowdusk (LE, $20.00) is cooler (85% similar).
- Tarte Spiked Cider (LE, ) is less shimmery, darker (90% similar).
- NARS Iraklion (P, $24.00) is less shimmery, lighter (90% similar).
- Sleek MakeUP Python (PiP, $9.99) is less shimmery (95% similar).
$45.00/0.17 oz. - $264.71 Per Ounce
The Cream Color for Eyes formula is supposed to be “ultra-pigmented” and “metallic” with a “creamy formula” that doesn’t “crease or smudge.” The majority of the shades I’ve tried in the range live up to those things–good pigmentation but can be applied sheerly (use less and/or apply with a fluffy brush) or kept opaque (a little goes a long way) with eight to twelve hours of wear (no primer). They’re blendable and dry down fast enough not to crease too easily while you’re working on them but not so quickly that they don’t budge. I did find that a couple of the new shades were more emollient than past shades and did have a longer dry down time and were harder to keep out of creases (in this review, that would be Siren Blue).
Browse all of our Tom Ford Beauty Cream Color for Eyes swatches.