Tom Ford Paradise Lust Sheer Cheek Duo ($78.00 for 0.15 oz.) is a new, limited edition highlighting and blush duo for summer. According to the brand, the blush “can be applied wet for a soft veil of color” or “dry for a sweeping pop of vibrancy.” Just like last year’s duo and this year’s Sheer Highlighting Duo, neither shade in the compact is what I’d call sheer or even remotely sheer. Both shades had opaque coverage applied dry, and applying them with a dampened brush just resulted in a more metallic finish with respect to the first shade and a slightly richer, deeper color with the coral shade. The more highlighter-like shade was easier to work with than the coral blush, which I found to take a bit of extra effort to blend and definitely more effort to blend when applied damp. The wear was good–eight to eight and a half hours–and if the idea of the product being sheer wasn’t a must-have, then it’s a nice duo overall.
Paradise Lust (Top)
Paradise Lust (Top) is a soft, peachy pink with warm, golden frost. It had rich, opaque color coverage applied dry that was easily blendable; I felt like the soft consistency made it possible to get sheerer, more diffused coverage without a lot of work, but I could still get full, amped up coverage in one layer, too. When I used it damp, it just became more reflective, which gave it a slightly lighter and brighter appearance, but the more metallic finish emphasized my skin’s texture to a noticeable degree. This shade started to fade after eight hours of wear (dry) and eight and a half hours of wear (damp).
- Colour Pop Made Me Do It (LE, $8.00) is more shimmery, lighter (95% similar).
- Ciate Moondust (P, $32.00) is darker (95% similar).
- The Estee Edit 1st Light (LE, ) is lighter (95% similar).
- BH Cosmetics Carli Bybel Deluxe Edition #16 (LE, ) is darker (95% similar).
- Colour Pop Full Service (LE, $8.00) is less shimmery, darker (90% similar).
- OFRA Covent Garden (LE, $29.00) is more shimmery, lighter (90% similar).
- Hourglass Rose Gold Flash (P, $42.00) is darker, cooler (90% similar).
- Bobbi Brown Sunset Glow (P, $48.00) is less shimmery, darker (90% similar).
- Sephora Dusk (P, $16.00) is lighter, cooler (90% similar).
- Colour Pop Poker Face (LE, $8.00) is lighter (90% similar).
Paradise Lust (Bottom)
Paradise Lust (Bottom) is a rich, medium pink-coral with warm undertones and a satin finish. Applied dry, it was opaque and had a more satin finish, whereas applied damp, it slightly darker and perhaps not quite as warm-toned (it seemed like it became redder/pinker). I didn’t feel like the finish became substantially more shimmery or reflective, though. The texture was smooth, firmer in the pan, and was fairly blendable dry, but it was more finicky to work with damp. It wore well for eight hours dry and eight and a half hours damp.
- NYX Pinched (DC, $5.00) is darker (95% similar).
- Zoeva CR010 (P, ) is darker, warmer (95% similar).
- MAC Painted Canyon (LE, $24.00) is warmer (95% similar).
- Tom Ford Beauty Flush (Discontinued) (DC, $60.00) is less shimmery, brighter, warmer (90% similar).
- Viseart Coral #2 (PiP, ) is darker, warmer (95% similar).
- Colour Pop Fruit Stand (DC, $8.00) is brighter, warmer (95% similar).
- NYX Summer Peach (DC, $5.00) is lighter (90% similar).
- Chanel Intonation (69) (DC, $38.00) is warmer, glossier (90% similar).
- Guerlain Coral Blush (LE, ) is warmer (90% similar).
- NYX Tuscan (P, $6.50) is darker (95% similar).