Tom Ford Beauty Possession Shade & Illuminate Lips ($60.00 for 0.12 oz.) contains a bright, medium pink and a darker, fuchsia pink. The lighter shade could have been a bit more pigmented, while both shades could have applied more evenly. The darker shade was bright enough that its shortcomings in texture weren’t as noticeable. I would recommend using a lip liner with this duo to maximize its potential, though.
Shade & Illuminate Lips is a lipstick duo that features a formula that is supposed to have “rich color” and “adherence” with a “velvet matte finish.” The duos are designed to have a lighter shade and a darker shade, and they can be worn alone, mixed, or as an ombre lip look. There was also a dual-ended applicator–a sponge on one end and a brush on the other–but the sponge really did not work well to apply the color, as it yielded sheer coverage and seemed to suck all the emollient qualities out of the formula and left behind a drier, almost powdery texture on the lips. The lip brush worked, but for me, the tiny applicator was harder to control and took me three to four times as long to apply compared to a traditional lip brush (which has a longer handle).
LELimited Edition. $60.00.
Possession (Left) is a bright, peony pink with warm undertones and a cream finish. It had semi-opaque pigmentation with a creamy, moderately emollient texture that had a tendency to apply unevenly and show some streaking. The consistency, while very comfortable to wear, had a lot of slip, which contributed to some of the unevenness in the application. This shade wore well for three and a half hours but was moisturizing.
- Bite Beauty Damask (LE, $28.00) is lighter, brighter (95% similar).
- Pat McGrath Profumo (DC, $40.00) is lighter (95% similar).
- Clinique Plum Pop (P, $19.50) is cooler (90% similar).
- Lancome Peut Etre (264) (P, $32.00) is lighter, warmer (90% similar).
- Bobbi Brown Lilac (P, $29.00) is darker (90% similar).
- ColourPop Dream House (LE, $7.00) is darker, warmer (90% similar).
- Make Up For Ever C305 (DC, $22.00) is lighter, brighter (90% similar).
- Anastasia Soft Pink (P, $18.00) is lighter, less glossy (90% similar).
- Lisa Eldridge Velvet Beauty (LE, $36.00) is less glossy (90% similar).
- ColourPop Money Side Up (P, $7.00) is warmer (90% similar).
Possession (Right) is a rich, medium-dark fuchsia pink with subtle, cool undertones and a cream finish. The pigmentation was great, but the texture had enough slip that it wasn’t the most flattering shade on me. The lipstick bunched up a bit and looked patchy on my upper lip and some color pulled into my lip lines on my lower lip. It was bright and rich enough that it wasn’t too noticeable from a normal viewing distance, though. This shade lasted for five hours and left a stain behind, while the formula was also hydrating.
- ColourPop Brooklyn (P, $7.00) is less glossy (95% similar).
- Givenchy Rose Flanelle (202) (P, $37.00) is lighter (95% similar).
- Urban Decay Checkmate (DC, $18.00) is lighter (95% similar).
- Make Up For Ever C306 (DC, $22.00) is darker (95% similar).
- Revlon Vivacious (120) (DC, $8.99) is cooler (90% similar).
- ColourPop Bling Ring (LE, $7.00) is lighter, cooler (90% similar).
- Milani Lingerie (P, $8.99) is warmer (90% similar).
- Giorgio Armani Dress Code (515) (LE, $38.00) is lighter (90% similar).
- Makeup Geek Chatterbox (P, $12.00) is warmer, less glossy (90% similar).
- ColourPop Barely There (P, $6.00) is less glossy (90% similar).