Tom Ford Beauty Azure Sun Cream & Powder Eye Color ($62.00 for 0.31 oz.) is contains a peachy, sparkly powder eyeshadow and a rich, teal cream eyeshadow. I’m a big fan of the wear of Tom Ford’s cream typically, but I found the shade included in the duo to be hard to use on its own (which limited the versatility of the product).
LELimited Edition. $62.00.
Azure Sun (Eye Color)
Azure Sun (Eye Color) is a light-medium peach with warm, brown undertones and a sparkling finish. I tried applying it with a dry as well as a dampened brush, and the coverage was similar but dampened application yielded more shimmer and seemed to require slightly less product for similar results. It had good pigmentation with moderate sparkle with slight fallout over nine hours on its own (but held on quite well when layered over the coordinating cream eyeshadow). The texture was denser and firmer with an almost wet-like feel to it, so flat, synthetic brushes worked best for application.
- Natasha Denona Kai (244M) (PiP, $29.00) is less shimmery, darker, warmer (95% similar).
- ColourPop Perfectly Wretched (LE, $8.00) is more shimmery, cooler (95% similar).
- Marc Jacobs Beauty Prim-O (P, $29.00) is more shimmery, warmer (95% similar).
- MAC Drop the Robe (PiP, $17.00) is more shimmery, lighter (90% similar).
- NARS Virgin Gorda (P, $19.00) is darker, cooler (90% similar).
- Fenty Beauty Simma Down (PiP, ) is less shimmery, darker, cooler (90% similar).
- ColourPop Alchemy (P, $6.00) is lighter (90% similar).
- ColourPop Falling Up #2 (P, $6.00) is more shimmery, cooler (90% similar).
- Wet 'n' Wild Fit for a Queen #2 (LE, ) is less shimmery (90% similar).
- Sephora Girl Talk (232) (P, $8.00) is less shimmery, darker (90% similar).
Azure Sun (Cream Color)
Azure Sun (Cream Color) is a dark, bluish-teal with a pearly, shiny finish. It had good pigmentation, but the consistency was emollient and thin enough that it hard to achieve an even, opaque layer of product–it had a tendency to look a bit patchy on its own. Like most cream eyeshadows that suffer from patchiness on their own, it worked well as a base underneath the coordinating glittery top coat in the set or with other powder eyeshadows applied on top (actually enhanced the cool undertone and intensity of certain shades layered over it). It lasted for over 10 hours without fading or creasing (on its own).
FURTHER READING: Formula Overview for details on general performance and characteristics (like scent).
- Urban Decay Fringe (DC, $19.00) is lighter, brighter (95% similar).
- Too Faced Too Glam (LE, $16.00) is more shimmery (95% similar).
- Sydney Grace Aqua Fever (LE, $6.00) is more shimmery, cooler (90% similar).
- Juvia's Place Yara (LE, ) is more shimmery, warmer (90% similar).
- Urban Decay Junkie (LE, $19.00) is more shimmery, brighter (90% similar).
- Viseart Shameless (PiP, ) is more shimmery, darker, cooler (90% similar).
- MAC Emerald Cut (P, $20.00) is more shimmery, darker, cooler (90% similar).
- Urban Decay Arctic (LE, $19.00) is lighter, brighter (90% similar).
- Urban Decay Amp (LE, ) is lighter (90% similar).
- Makeup Geek Autumn Breeze (DC, $6.00) is lighter (90% similar).
$45.00/0.17 oz. - $264.71 Per Ounce
The Cream Color for Eyes formula is supposed to be “ultra-pigmented” and “metallic” with a “creamy formula” that doesn’t “crease or smudge.” The majority of the shades I’ve tried in the range live up to those things–good pigmentation but can be applied sheerly (use less and/or apply with a fluffy brush) or kept opaque (a little goes a long way) with eight to twelve hours of wear (no primer). They’re blendable and dry down fast enough not to crease too easily while you’re working on them but not so quickly that they don’t budge. I did find that a couple of the new shades were more emollient than past shades and did have a longer dry down time and were harder to keep out of creases (in this review, that would be Siren Blue).
Browse all of our Tom Ford Beauty Cream Color for Eyes swatches.