theBalm Hot Mama Shadow/Blush ($20.00 for 0.25 oz.) is a medium, pink-coral with warm undertones and a golden shimmer. It had good pigmentation–just shy of opaque–that was buildable to full coverage in two layers. The finish was spectacular as it was luminous and smooth–glowing but never emphasizing.
The formula is supposed to be a “beautiful blush and subtle highlighter” in one. It’s been an old favorite for many readers, and I’m not certain I ever formally reviewed it, so I wanted to get that rectified once I noticed I had one in my to-review bin! The consistency was soft, smooth, and just a smidgen dusty, but it blended almost effortlessly. It was the type of blush that applied and looked blended before you even finished applying it, so the formula was forgiving and esay to use. The color lasted for nearly nine hours on me before fading slightly.
- Too Faced Peachy Keen (LE, ) is lighter (95% similar).
- Estee Lauder Wild Sunset (P, $34.00) is warmer (95% similar).
- Smith and Cult Universal Peach (P, $24.00) is less shimmery (95% similar).
- Natasha Denona Vibrant Coral & Golden (PiP, $38.00) is more shimmery, darker (90% similar).
- MAC Springsheen (P, $24.00) is lighter, cooler (95% similar).
- Melt Cosmetics Genesis (P, $39.00) is less shimmery, darker (90% similar).
- Stellar Beauty Flare (P, $25.00) is cooler (90% similar).
- Laura Geller Fruit Punch (P, $28.00) is lighter, cooler (90% similar).
- Tarte Graceful (LE, $29.00) is less shimmery (90% similar).
- NARS Orgasm X (P, $30.00) is less shimmery, cooler (90% similar).