Tarte Tarte-LIT Chrome Paint Highlighter ($30.00 for 0.56 oz.) is a bright, light-medium gold with warm, peachy undertones and a metallic finish. It was quite pigmented where a little went a long way, so I’d highly recommend using lighter hand when picking up the product, but I find loose powders work best with slightly flatter, denser blush and highlighter brushes as they pick up product more evenly and do a good job of buffing everything together for a seamless finish.
It’s a new “formula” in the sense that it’s derived from their Chrome Paint Shadow Pots. Tarte described the formula as a “mirrored metallic highlighter” with a “high-sheen chrome finish of a chrome formula but ease of a powder.” While some of the Shadow Pots were looser and others were more loosely pressed (but still visibly pressed), this definitely looked and felt more like a fine, loose powder, but there was a lot more to the actual base that gave it a creamier, thicker consistency, especially when I played with the product on the back of my hand (to get a better sense of the texture). It had a high-shine, metallic finish that was luminous and didn’t emphasize my skin’s natural texture. The powder applied even and blended out without issue. On me, it stayed on well for eight hours before fading slightly.
- NARS Makatea (LE, $30.00) is lighter, warmer (90% similar).
- Dior Glowing Nude (002) (LE, $58.00) is darker (90% similar).
- Sydney Grace Radiant Glow (P, $8.00) is less shimmery (90% similar).
- Tarte Golden Champagne (LE, ) is darker (90% similar).
- NARS Gold Leash (LE, $30.00) is less shimmery, warmer (90% similar).
- Anastasia So Hollywood (DC, $28.00) is darker (90% similar).
- NARS Instant Replay (LE, ) is less shimmery, warmer (90% similar).
- Natasha Denona I Need a Nude (LE, $42.00) is less shimmery, warmer (90% similar).
- MAC Light of the Party (LE, ) is darker (90% similar).
- Becca Champagne Pop (P, $38.00) is darker, warmer (90% similar).
Synthetic Fluorphlogopite, dimethicone, isododecane, mica, trimethylsiloxysilicate, octyldodecyl stearoyl stearate, fragrance/parfum, dehydroacetic acid, sorbic acid, tin oxide, calcium sodium borosilicate, titanium dioxide (CI 77891), iron oxides (CI 77491).
Disclaimer: Ingredient lists are as available by the brand (or retailer) at the time of publishing. Please always check product packaging, if it exists, for the ingredient list applicable to the product you're purchasing, or the brand or retailer's website for the most up-to-date ingredient list.