Sydney Grace Tangled Pressed Blush ($9.00 for 0.25 oz.) is a deeper, pink-leaning dusty coral with moderate, warm undertones paired with a semi-matte finish. It had an incredibly smooth, velvety texture that had some powderiness in the pan. It was also intensely pigmented–a little went a long way–so I recommend applying this with a less-dense brush and/or with a lighter hand. The powder blended out well, but I found that it was pigmented to the point where it took some effort to sheer out and dial the color back down if over-applied. It stayed on nicely for eight and a half hours before fading a bit.
FURTHER READING: Formula Overview for details on general performance and characteristics (like scent).
- Pretty Vulgar Hush Blush (P, $26.00) is less shimmery, lighter (95% similar).
- Hourglass Mood Flush (LE, $40.00) is more shimmery, more muted (90% similar).
- MAC Buddy (Matte) (LE, $24.00) is less shimmery, warmer (90% similar).
- Charlotte Tilbury Stoned Rose Beauty #6 (LE, $40.00) is warmer (90% similar).
- Buxom Dolly (P, $22.00) is more shimmery, cooler (90% similar).
- Tarte Endless (LE, $29.00) is lighter (90% similar).
- Tarte Skillful (LE, $29.00) is less shimmery, lighter (90% similar).
- Becca Winter Berry (LE, $32.00) is brighter (90% similar).
- Tom Ford Beauty Winter 2018 (Blush) (LE, $60.00) is more shimmery, lighter (90% similar).
- Urban Decay Double Take (DC, $26.00) is less shimmery, lighter (90% similar).
$9.00/0.25 oz. - $36.00 Per Ounce
It's a more pigmented blush, so it favors those who need or want richer coverage achieved with less product or in one layer, but those who prefer sheerer, more buildable blush may find there is a learning curve. The formula was very blendable and easy to work with, so I think it is more forgiving, particularly shades with some shimmer in them. The matte shades can be slightly powdery but do not look dry or dusty when applied, though they can darken a bit if not applied over drier or more matte skin (or a base). They wore between eight and 10 hours on me before fading noticeably.
Browse all of our Sydney Grace Pressed Blush swatches.
Silk Mica (Mica (77019), Boron Nitride, L-Lysine Mica (Mica 77019 and Lauroyl Lysine), Caranuba Mica (Mica 77019 and Caranuba Wax), Magnesium Stearate, Magnesium Myristate, Zinc Stearate ((+/- Mica (Mica 77019), Fractionated Coconut Oil (Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891) Vitamin E (Tocopherol), Silk Powder, Allantoin, Chromium Hydroxide Green (CI77289), Chromium Green (CI77288), Carmine, Iron Oxide (CI 77499, 77491, 77492), Tin Oxide (CI 778161), Manganese Violet (CI 77742), Ferric Ferrocyanide (CI 77510), Ultramarines (77007), Silica, *Synthetic Flurophylogopite, Zinc (CI 77947), Bronze and Copper Powder (CI 77400), Phenoxyethanol, Caprylyl Glycol, Potassium Sorbate, Hexylene Glycol))