Sydney Grace Secret Pressed Blush ($9.00 for 0.25 oz.) is a brighter, medium-dark pink with warmer undertones and a smooth, metallic sheen. It was intensely pigmented to the point where a little went a long way, so I’d recommend using a lighter hand and/or a less-dense brush and building up coverage as desired (always easier to build up than it is to sheer out!).
The texture was smooth, almost cream-like, so it wasn’t too powdery and was easier to pick up less product from if desired. The powder applied evenly and blended out easily on bare skin. It wore well for eight and a half hours before fading noticeably.
FURTHER READING: Formula Overview for details on general performance and characteristics (like scent).
- Pat McGrath Nymphette (P, $38.00) is less shimmery (90% similar).
- MAC Into the Pink (P, $31.00) is more shimmery, lighter (90% similar).
- Tarte Amp (-, ) is less shimmery, lighter, warmer (90% similar).
- ColourPop With Salt (LE, $10.00) is less shimmery, darker, warmer (90% similar).
- MAC Dipped in Stars (LE, $31.00) is less shimmery, lighter (90% similar).
- Smith and Cult Cool Pink (P, $24.00) is less shimmery, darker, warmer (90% similar).
- Too Faced Peach Pop (PiP, ) is more shimmery, darker (90% similar).
- Hourglass Vivid Flush (LE, $40.00) is less shimmery, warmer (90% similar).
- Milani Bella Bellini (P, $7.99) is lighter, warmer (90% similar).
- Kevyn Aucoin Rose Cliff #3 (PiP, ) is less shimmery, darker (90% similar).
$9.00/0.25 oz. - $36.00 Per Ounce
It's a more pigmented blush, so it favors those who need or want richer coverage achieved with less product or in one layer, but those who prefer sheerer, more buildable blush may find there is a learning curve. The formula was very blendable and easy to work with, so I think it is more forgiving, particularly shades with some shimmer in them. The matte shades can be slightly powdery but do not look dry or dusty when applied, though they can darken a bit if not applied over drier or more matte skin (or a base). They wore between eight and 10 hours on me before fading noticeably.
Browse all of our Sydney Grace Pressed Blush swatches.
Silk Mica (Mica (77019), Boron Nitride, L-Lysine Mica (Mica 77019 and Lauroyl Lysine), Caranuba Mica (Mica 77019 and Caranuba Wax), Magnesium Stearate, Magnesium Myristate, Zinc Stearate ((+/- Mica (Mica 77019), Fractionated Coconut Oil (Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891) Vitamin E (Tocopherol), Silk Powder, Allantoin, Chromium Hydroxide Green (CI77289), Chromium Green (CI77288), Carmine, Iron Oxide (CI 77499, 77491, 77492), Tin Oxide (CI 778161), Manganese Violet (CI 77742), Ferric Ferrocyanide (CI 77510), Ultramarines (77007), Silica, *Synthetic Flurophylogopite, Zinc (CI 77947), Bronze and Copper Powder (CI 77400), Phenoxyethanol, Caprylyl Glycol, Potassium Sorbate, Hexylene Glycol))
Disclaimer: Ingredient lists are as available by the brand (or retailer) at the time of publishing. Please always check product packaging, if it exists, for the ingredient list applicable to the product you're purchasing, or the brand or retailer's website for the most up-to-date ingredient list.