Benefit Dallas (2020) Powder Blush (Mini)Benefit Dallas (2020) Powder Blush (Mini) ($17.00 for 0.12 oz.) is a light-medium peach with warm, orange undertones and a semi-matte finish. There was a faint hint of shimmer that gave it a more natural matte finish once applied and blended out, but it didn’t read shimmery on my skin. It had semi-opaque, buildable coverage with a soft, lightly powdery texture that sheered out a bit when applied to bare skin. It wore well for seven and a half hours before fading visibly. There was also a subtle, floral scent to the power.
It’s a new, updated take on “fan fave Dallas” that is now “slightly pinker” with a “hint of shimmer,” though I didn’t really get pink vibes from it. Not really sure how they got to that description; the last Dallas I have in my physical archives is darker, pinker, and more muted–more of a plummy brown than a warm peach.
It’s cool that Benefit wanted to update the formulas of their cult favorite product, but changing the shade significantly is a side-eye-worthy move. I can’t see the logic in it at all; it was a “fan fave” for a reason and probably for its color/finish. Why not re-release the original shade and extend the range by adding new shades altogether? It’s not a subtle tweak in shade at all. The full-sized/previous version of Dallas is not presently available on the brand’s website.
- Jouer Embrace Me (PiP, ) is darker (95% similar).
- Patrick Ta She's Sincere (P, $32.00) is less shimmery, darker, cooler (90% similar).
- ColourPop Double Bubble (LE, $8.00) is darker (90% similar).
- Sephora + Pantone Universe Coral Pink (LE, ) is less shimmery, lighter, warmer (90% similar).
- ColourPop Golden Hour (LE, $8.00) is less shimmery, darker (90% similar).
- Physicians Formula Vintage Rouge (P, $12.99) is less shimmery, lighter, cooler (90% similar).
- Hourglass Dim Infusion (P, $40.00) is less shimmery, darker, cooler (90% similar).
- ColourPop Love Story (LE, $8.00) is darker (90% similar).
- Glossier Dusk (P, $18.00) is less shimmery, darker (85% similar).
- Make Up For Ever #225 HD Blush (DC, $26.00) is less shimmery, cooler (85% similar).
Talc, Diphenyl Dimethicone/Vinyl Diphenyl Dimethicone/Silsesquioxane Crosspolymer, Polyethylene, Synthetic Fluorphlogopite, Octyldodecyl Stearoyl Stearate, Mica, Nylon-12, Magnesium Myristate, Phenyl Trimethicone, Silica, Ethylhexylglycerin, Parfum (Fragrance), Sorbic Acid, Limonene, Linalool, Hexyl Cinnamal, Benzyl Salicylate, Tocopherol, Citronellol, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, Citral, Eugenol. [+/-: Ci 15850 (Red 6, Red 7, Red 7 Lake), Ci 15985 (Yellow 6, Yellow 6 Lake), Ci 19140 (Yellow 5, Yellow 5 Lake), Ci 42090 (Blue 1 Lake), Ci 45410 (Red 27, Red 27 Lake, Red 28 Lake), Ci 73360 (Red 30, Red 30 Lake), Ci 77007 (Ultramarines), Ci 77163 (Bismuth Oxychloride), Ci 77288 (Chromium Oxide Greens), Ci 77289 (Chromium Hydroxide Green), Ci 77491, Ci 77492, Ci 77499 (Iron Oxides), Ci 77510 (Ferric Ferrocyanide, Ferric Ammonium Ferrocyanide), Ci 77742 (Manganese Violet), Ci 77891 (Titanium Dioxide)].
Disclaimer: Ingredient lists are as available by the brand (or retailer) at the time of publishing. Please always check product packaging, if it exists, for the ingredient list applicable to the product you're purchasing, or the brand or retailer's website for the most up-to-date ingredient list.